Jobs at:Homa-Bay County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
11 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Day to day running of the County Revenue Collection Section.
• Implementing County policies and regulations for revenue.
• Developing and implementing plans to operationalize County revenue to enhance efficient revenue collection and growth.
• Designing effective, efficient and secure systems of collecting revenue.
• Maintaining records of all the revenue sources/centers, rates and revenues collected.
• Setting up and projecting regular revenue trends for planning and decision making in the county.
• Planning, formulating strategies and identifying sources of revenue.
• Submitting regular reports to county committees on matters of revenue collection.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option); Finance, Economics or Business Administration/Management (Accounting or Finance) from a recognized institution.
• Master’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
• A member of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K) in good standing.
• Conversant with IFMIS and other revenue management accounting or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages.
• Served as an Accountant in the public or private sector for a minimum period of ten (10) years, five (5) of which must be in a senior management position.
• Attended a Strategic Leadership Development programme from a recognized institution.
• Demonstrated a thorough understanding of national goals, policies and development objectives and ability to align them to the County’s mandate.
• Be conversant with the provisions of the Public Financial Management Act.
• Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
• Be a good team player with exemplary leadership qualities, interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills.
• Proficiency in Computer Application Skills relevant to financial management from a recognized institution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Remuneration and benefits for all the positions advertised will be in line with guidelines issued from time to time by the Salaries Remuneration Commission.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
• Women and People living with disability are encouraged to apply, clearly indicating the type of disability
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Applicants are required to get clearance from the following institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Shortlisted candidates who will be contacted will be required to provide copies of relevant documents from underlisted authorities.
• Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Ethics And Anti-Corruption Commission
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Director Of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
Applicants should submit an application letter together with curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and testimonials, as well as national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents. All applications should be made either electronically through the County website: http://www.homabay.go.ke/career , or physically delivered to the Office of The Governor, indicating the position applied for on top of the envelope addressed to:
The Selection panel
Executive Office of the Governor,
Homa Bay County Government,
P.O Box 469-40300, Homa Bay
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.