Director VAS - Financial Services
Jobs at:Kyosk Digital Services
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The individual will be tasked with spearheading the global Kyosk+ financial services development in conjunction with HOD VAS, Product, Technical, Data Strategy & Commercial teams. He/she will be responsible for the strategic alignment and execution of VAS financial services in line with the company Strategy and Vision including accountability of the P&L, VAS budget, and market and business performance of VAS financial products/services.
• Business Unit Performance: Responsible for P&L management for the VAS financial services while driving profit maximization for the business unit. Oversee the business unit performance management and ensure the attainment of all organizational KPIs for the unit. Account for any performance decline and devise ways to improve the same. Implement strategies to increase the quality of customer experience and implement best practices across all levels.
• Revenue Generation: Work collaboratively with the General Managers in-country to spearhead revenue generation in the country including advisory on product/service pricing to generate business margins/revenues. Liaise with the Business Development Managers to drive product/service penetration and uptake in the country including the formulation of effective sales and marketing strategies.
• Strategy Execution: Communication of the business strategy in the country and ensuring execution against the set KPIs. Ensure the team understands and buys into the strategy. Support the development of the VAS financial services in collaboration with the Product/Tech team, pricing strategy, and product/service pricing based on the market understanding, competitor analysis, and customer feedback.
• Operations Optimization: Improve operational management systems, processes, and best practices to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. Lead the coordination of financial services strategy activities with the Business Development Managers to guarantee operational efficiency. Proactively lead the standardization of SOPs for VAS financial services to maximize operational effectiveness in all countries.
• Advisory & Leadership: Advise the leadership team on strategic business development and key corporate planning issues and make recommendations on major business decisions. Keep the leadership informed about business activities, potential threats, opportunities, and recommended actions.
• Compliance: Ensure the organization’s processes remain legally compliant; all legal and regulatory requirements are met and compliance is maintained. Drive compliance to the laid down SOPs across the business functions, operations commercial, warehousing, and HR whilst ensuring proper team training and appreciation. Ensure legislative and regulatory compliance of the VAS financial services business unit. Contribute to the industry’s work on financial services best practices, and disseminate the organization’s lessons learned across the industry and to key internal/external stakeholders.
• Budget Management: Develop and present the annual budget for the VAS financial services business unit; monitor and oversee its utilization including budget control, accounting as well as reconciliation.
• Market Intelligence & Business Advisory: Lead the development of strategic market surveys and data analysis to identify VAS financial services opportunities the business can capitalize on, and understand competitor activities.
• People Management: Develop and formalize the operations toolkit, based on own experience/expertise, industry research, global best practices, and alignment with the organization’s strategic objectives. Develop the training needs for the countries in line with financial services whilst calling out the support needed from HR on team development and capability upskilling.
Minimum Requirements & Key Skills:
• A strong business driver, with a Degree in Business Management, Banking, Finance, or other relevant fields.
• 7 – 10 years experience in the Finance/Lending sector, 4 of which should have been in senior management or executive role.
• Specialized training in SME lending, or micro-credit an advantage.
• Thorough knowledge and experience of the lending regulatory framework.
• Highly numerate, proven experience in the development of financial services strategy.
• A strong business understanding and an appreciation of financials.
• Demonstrated ability to create partnerships to deliver integrated solutions to clients, and increase revenue lines.
• Expert knowledge in costing, customer influence, and management with a proven record in delivering new business revenue streams.
• Actively engages with internal and external leadership executives.
• Actively demonstrate the following behaviors: consultative, collaborative, analytical, pro-active, change-orientated, and structured, with the ability to be flexible when required
• Results driven, able to find solutions when faced with adverse results or conditions to achieve objectives.
• Ability to effectively present information to internal and external stakeholders in a concise and detailed manner.
• Complex problem-solving skills with the ability to confront sensitive issues and achieve an effective resolution.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; can engage decision-makers at different levels as well as develop effective working relationships with various partners and other third-party agencies.
• Commercially astute with sound business acumen and the ability to establish new relationships that generate new business/maximize opportunities.
• Appreciation of the business environment, VAS financial service’s key priorities, and a keen sense of what needs to be done for the business to succeed.
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams with indirect reporting lines to drive the execution and achievement of business objectives and strategy.
Competencies & Skills
• Strong Financial Services Acumen
• Strategy development
• Excellent understanding of both Credit and IT policies and procedures Data analysis
• Strong Credit background Key Competencies and Skills
• In-depth knowledge of Central bank Prudential and Risk Guidelines
• People Management and Influencing skills
• Stakeholder Engagement
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.