Director of Finance Operations
Jobs at:Gebeya Limited
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director of Finance Operations
Role And Responsibilities
1. Assist with the day-to-day accounting operations including monitoring of accounts payable and receivable, and maintenance of the general ledger for all three entities
2. Prepare, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements to senior management and for monthly Board meetings
3. Ownership and review of monthly management accounts
4. Participate in the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CFO; monitor and report progress and changes and produce monthly budget versus actual reports
5. Assist in audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit/accounting firms and review firms’ performance,
6. Assist with costs management to ensure and improve on agreed budgetary targets by continual reduction of expenses and improved cash flow,
7. Help maintain and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; periodically update the organization’s accounting manual, continued implementation of TP Policy
8. Remain up-to-date on best practices in finance, business systems and internal control measures,
9. Report revenue projection and forecasting working closely with sales department
10. Staff management - supervising a team of 3
11. Be the liaison for the Operations department and assist from time to time with administrative functions within Kenya.
• Participate in performance reviews e.g. Weekly/monthly continuous performance discussions and provision of feedback.
• Behavioral Role Model: Emulate Gebeya’s corporate values through your behavior through rewarding and voicing support for good behaviors as much as you reward technical competence.
• Team Engagement: Engage team and manage diversity within the workplace by encouraging and personally participating in employee engagement activities
• An ideal candidate for this position should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, and finance, or a related field.
• Relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA or ECA is an added advantage.
• Membership in a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
• Previous experience working as a finance Director or a similar position (minimum 5 years)
• Experience engaging with the relevant statutory obligation bodies in Kenya
• Previous experience in a start-up environment is desirable but not essential
• Leadership experience
• IFRS US GAAP Experience
• Experience in working in an international organization is desirable but not essential
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.