Director of Finance and Facilities
Jobs at:Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Director of Finances is tasked with the mission of protecting the financial assets of Médecins Sans Frontières Eastern Africa and defining, updating and directing its financial policy, in order to guarantee the availability of resources and the appropriate accountability in front of internal and external control bodies and the general public and ensure the most optimal use of the resources in the fulfilment of our Social mission.
Directly accountable to the General Director, and in close collaboration with the Management Team and the Board of Directors, s/he will be responsible for coordinating and executing the financial planning and reporting, maintaining a fair and true accounting register, treasury management and promoting relevant financial analysis, control and technical support. S/he will provide strategic direction and management of the office Facilities and ensure efficiency in infrastructure and services provision.
As part of the Management Team, s/he participates in the decision-making processes relating to the social mission and the evolution and positioning within the MSF movement. S/he designs, proposes, participates in and implements decisions and strategic planning adopted by MT.
As a member of the International Finance community, s/he will actively participate in the reflections around the main current and future financial stakes of the Movement and, more globally, to the overall international financial policy.
S/he is responsible for facilities management, and environmental and perimeter security. Ensure efficient procurement service and adequate working environment.
S/he is responsible for developing and implementing MSF EA Information Technology strategies in order to meet corporate financial and operational needs.
S/he manages the department’s organized in two key areas/units; Finance HQ (under the Finance and Accounting manager), and IT & Facilities (under the head of the Unit).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Strategy and Planning
• As a Member of the Management Team, S/he contribute to the development of annual and multi-year strategic and operational plans, is accountable for ensuring monitoring and reporting delivery against the plans,
• S/he supports evidence based operational and investment decisions with analysis and recommendations which supports the MT and General Director in making informed decisions.
• S/he Provide strategic analysis on the overall financial health and recommend corrective actions and support plans;
• S/he supervises and consolidates MSF EA's budgeting process and ensures a sound reporting thereof to the Board of Directors. S/he ensures that the reporting is provided within lean financial architecture allowing quality information for all in real time.
• S/he validates the multiyear Objectives and Key results for the departments. S/he coordinate and validate the finance department Annual plan. S/He is responsible for the department budget global follow-up and arbitrations and approves the use of resources within the Finance department.
• S/he participates in the follow-up and evolution of the contracts with both institutional and private donors and related accountability.
• S/he establishes the treasury management plan in collaboration with the Finance and Accounting Manager. S/he is a signatory to the accounts and authorizes payments.
FINANCIAL REPORTING AND AUDIT:
• S/he validates the Annual Accounts, ensures coherence in the international combined accounts and the yearly financial audit(s), and ensures an optimal relation with the external auditors.
• S/he prepares management reporting for senior leadership, donors, and Board of Directors; oversees the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
• S/he assists the Treasurer of the Association in the drafting of the Treasurer Report and its presentation to the General Assembly.
• PEOPLE PROCESS AND SYSTEM ALIGNMENT
• S/he promotes a safe environment and a culture of proximity, diversity, equity, and inclusion in line with the agreed objectives. S/he fosters an appropriate internal communication in the department.
• S/he supervises the Finance Accounting Manager and the Head of IT Facility to ensure implementation of the annual plan, team development and ensuring supervisees develop their own team.
• S/he ensures adherence and follow up of international Finance agreements (RSA – resource sharing agreement) and provide timely update of financial projections.
• S/he defines the department policies, within the framework of MSF EA's Strategic Plan.
• S/he ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate financial, data protection, Information technology, Facilities and Environmental Security and that MSF EA remains compliant with Relevant regulations in those areas.
• S/he oversees the evolution of all tax issues and liaises with the different tax consultants accordingly and the protocol office when required.
• S/he is responsible for ensuring that processes under her/his supervision are compliant with the relevant data protection regulations and MSF IPCO Baseline. Facilities management
• S/he oversees the IT & Facility management ensuring that staffs are properly accommodated in a workplace that supports their needs and expectations.
• S/he ensures that information assets are properly safeguarded. External relations.
• S/he represents MSF EA within MSF international platforms; primarily the MSF Director of Finances’ intersectional group; updates the General Director regarding the international developments from various groups.
• S/he participates in international transversal projects and steering committees in agreement with GD.
• S/he boosts partnerships with other MSF entities and ensures the department remains connected with internal evolutions to maintain it aligned with the institution changes.
Education and experience:
• Experience of minimum 5 years in finance functions, at senior management level.
• Desirable experience as financial analyst/data analyst.
• Experience in MSF or other NGOs will be an asset.
• Good command of English. Knowledge of working French is an asset.
• Experience in team coordination and management.
• Proficient IT user (Office 365 environment, Power Bl and/or analytical tools).
• Availability to travel abroad.
• Excellent communication skills, especially active listening, thinking analytically and organizationally, drawing logical conclusions and the ability to build personal rapport and trust.
• The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadline effectively.
• Commitment to MSF's Principles.
• Cross-cultural Awareness.
• Strategic Vision.
• Results and Quality Orientation.
• Service Orientation.
• Initiative and Innovation.
• Capacity to Negotiate.
• Teamwork and Cooperation.
• People Management and Development.
• Security Awareness and Management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.