East Africa Cluster CHRO/Kenya CHRO
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Country HR Officer (CHRO) is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
• Provides a broad range of HR consulting services to client groups within the organization for a country, including advice on staffing (senior and new talent acquisition), managing talent (assessment, development and redeployment), compensation processes, organization effectiveness (change management, leader effectiveness, performance management, coaching, organization design), employee engagement (communications, employee relations, facilitation of rewards and recognition, employee involvement) and change management to support constant transformation.
• Demonstrates and applies subject matter expertise of HR principles to lead resolution of key issues with impact on business segment and/or functional area.
• Consults leadership in leveraging resources to ensure efficient delivery and implementation of all HR strategies and plans.
• Partners with regional HR and business/functional leaders to assess and define the appropriate strategy, organization structure, and role design for business groups.
• Creates, implements, and develops measures the effectiveness of initiatives that promote organizational / leadership capability
• Demonstrates expert knowledge to the day-to-day activities of a product or process however will require input on more complex issues.
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• 10+ years of experience
• Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.