Economic Recovery Officer - Life skills /Digital trainer
Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 30 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall purpose of the role:
• The Economic recovery/Life skills Officer – Digital opportunities project, will report to the economic recovery team leader, h/she will also closely work with the economic recovery and the digital opportunities team. The position will support the digital opportunities trainees in linking them to the aspect livelihoods, offer a wide range life skills training, entrepreneurship training, business plan development and support in livelihoods mentorship.
• The position is aimed developing the digital opportunities project participants to able to gain skills in negotiation, good communication, developing their CV`s and online profiles, create their own business plans and bid for online jobs successfully.
• The position holder will work with a team of digital opportunities staffs which include an officer, assistants, digital trainers and a digital opportunities consultant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Management and Development:
• Participate in project planning & implementation including activity, budgeting and procurement/logistics planning
• Develop and maintain detailed implementation plans to deliver program to agreed timeline and milestones
• Ensure all project activities are implemented on time and in line with the set-out work-plans
• Document lessons learned from training activities, community meeting and assist in preparing training reports
• Participate together with the digital team to prepare/adopt training manuals E.g lifes skills, entrepreneurship, work readiness/skills for work success
• Establish and Maintain the digital training database.
• Keep inventory of all the ICT equipment’s under your supervision
• Support needs assessment and propose new ideas to improve the digital learning and on-line jobs for youth.
• Provide both financial literacy and life skills training to the trainees.
• Provided entrepreneurship training, business plans development skills
• Support the beneficiaries in bidding for online jobs by providing skill in developing good online profiles and helping in development of winnable bids
• Lead and manage the mentorship sessions offered to the beneficiaries
• Coordinate closely with Ajira Kenya and Dadaab collective who provide mentorship to the trainees
• Support in the review the mentorship curriculum and strategies in place.
• Support acculturation, priority setting, networking, career planning, and counseling related to the individual's (mentee's) identified goals toward advancement in their freelancing career.
• Support freelancers in client engagement and contract management strategies
• Watch out for trends on the online platforms and advise the program team on ways to align implementation
Monitoring and Reporting
• Monitor the mentorship program
• Keep accurate records of special events and training activities including meeting/class/training attendance
• Collect and analyze livelihoods data on a monthly basis
• Participate in periodic field level programme review and planning meetings
• Support with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual donor/internal reporting
• Monitor the linkages between digital learning and livelihoods especially the growth of earnings by the online freelancers
• Record the progress on learning in building their life skills and entrepreneurship skills
• Report the general growth and the progress of the beneficiaries
• Submit weekly/monthly project updates to the digital learning officer
Planning and Budgeting
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly plans and share with your supervisor with the aim of implementing them
Experience and technical competencies:
• Four or more years’ experience working with I/NGOs within humanitarian/development contexts
• Demonstrable experience in livelihoods programming in a refugee and host community
• Experience in providing life skills training
• Has an understanding of digital and online job opportunities
• Demonstrates a good understanding of Project Cycle Management
• Has excellent communication (spoken and written) skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel and other relevant computer applications
• Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem-solving ability
• Possess good level of conflict management skills
• Possess a sense of cultural awareness, sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Strong organizational, team spirit and team work skills
• Knowledge of the key issues and trends in livelihood/food security interventions
• Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the workplace
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness, Agriculture, Sociology, Development Studies or Economics.
• Written and spoken fluency in English and Kiswahili
• Working knowledge of the Somali Language is an advantage.
Key stakeholders: Internal & External
• All staff
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.