Executive Assistant to Regional Director & Admin Officer
Jobs at:BirdLife International
Deadline of this Job:
30 October 2020
Date Posted: Friday, October 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BirdLife International is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Executive Assistant to Regional Director & Admin Officer. The main responsibilities will be to:
a) ensure effective management of the Regional Director's schedule and Office, including supporting the governance communications and management of strategic alliances
b) Provide administration support to the BirdLife Secretariat in Africa and
c) Support the administration components of the Strong High Sea project. .
Effective administration of the Regional Director's Office,
• Manage appointments, emails and travel for Regional Director
• Provide logistical support for meetings of the Regional Director (rooms, equipment, audiovisual, minutes.
• Serve as first responder for the Regional Director, act appropriately on his behalf by responding to requests and monitoring deadlines
• Maintain the Partnership contact data and internal distribution
Support the effective management of the BirdLife Africa
• Partnership governance system and communications with Partners, Prepare briefing papers, reports, advocacy materials and presentations and take minutes at Partnership and Board meetings.
• Support the recruitment of new BirdLife Partner
• Monitor implementation of actions from minutes and prepare progress reports.
• Ensure effective and efficient management use and maintenance of office facilities and equipment auss the BirdLife Africa Offices
• Support in the management and selection of vendors, purchase of equipment, Services and manage contracts and database of service providers.
• Support the effective management of the legal and risk function, ensuring offices and staff are compliant with national laws and BirdLife procedures Organise and ensure appropriate soft & Hard copy filing system of important and confidential project related documents, Contracts and Mous
• Manage and maintain the current filing and database system and look for ways to improve current systems
Management of the administrative component of the Strong High Sea Project.
• Support and track implementation of project activities
• Coordinate timely submission of project narrative and financial report
• Organise project events
Any other Duties as assigned by the Lire Manager
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
• Relevant Qualification in Business Administration. Secretarial & Administrative skills, including minute taking essential
• Diplomacy, good writing skills, good interpersonal communications, monitoring and evaluation
• Proven track record in a senior secretarial or business support role Experience of project planning and coordination Proactive and pre-emptive approach
• Ability to work in a tidy and systematic way
• Organised with the ability to keep track of a wide variety of tasks
• Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision
• Has the confidence to influence and work with staff at a senior level
• Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbal and written
• Tact and diplomacy and the ability to influence
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Builds positive relationships.
• People oriented and able to interact with a wide diversity of people
• Flexibility when working with other colleagues
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Application deadline: 30 October 2020
Location: The position will be based in Nairobi Kenya
Salary & benefits:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with BirdLife International, Africa Division Terms and conditions.
Cross monthly salary: Kshs. 170.000-200.000
Length duration of this position: 2 years
Working hours: Full time 2 hours per week
Date when the job expected to start: 1 December 2020
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application: Applications, including a covering letter summarizing the applicant's suitability for the position detailed CV and names and contact addresses of the three referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity, should be sent via email before the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.