Jobs at:Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
19 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall purpose of the role
DRC Facilities Manager is responsible for management of the shared office facilities and services. The role will be responsible for repairs and maintenance of the office buildings and all the shared amenities located within the DRC compound. S/he will also be responsible for management of shared office staff, implementation and review of cross-cutting policies, procedures and guidelines. .
Maintenance of Shared Services Budget
• Prepare an annual shared service budget for the DRC premises and all shared services and ensure a fair contribution by all supported entities.
• Ensure proper tracking of expenditure and monitoring of budget contribution by all supported entities. Prepare monthly reports on budget utilization for management.
• Design effective administrative systems that contributes to cost reduction and efficiency in managing shared facilities within the Regional Office premises.
Safety and Security Coordination
• Ensure that the contract for guarding services is in place and that the security services offered are as per the contractual obligation.
• In consultation with the Regional Safety Coordinator, ensure that all safety features in place in the DRC compound are working efficiently (electric fence, alarms, fire extinguishers, panic buttons, etc)
• Ensure that normal working hours and opening hours are adhered to all times.
• Oversee Occupational Health and Safety within the DRC premises in liaison with the Regional Safety Coordinator by ensuring the working place safety is implemented in accordance to OSHA guidelines.
Leases and Contracts
• Manage DRC office lease and shared service contracts and ensure that services are as per the contract.
• Maintain a record of all leases and contracts and ensure renewal in good time and be the vendor focal point for shared services. In addition, will also supervise external shared services from vendors.
DRC Premises management/Administrative management
• Responsible for landscaping, cleaning and structural maintenance of the office premises.
• Ensure adequate utilization of available car parking spaces for optimal use by DRC staff and visitors.
• Initiate all shared services/goods related procurement processes and ensure adherence to DRC’s Operations Handbook. ensure supplies and stock of inventories to ensure the necessary logistics are in place as per the handbook.
• Participate as a tender committee member in the tendering process for shared services/goods.
• Ensure timely payment of shared goods and service invoices.
• Responsible for granting staff access to office premises by setting up staff on the biometric system, alarm system and issuance of office keys.
• Participate in staff orientation on shared services procedures and guidelines
• Manage shared administration staff by setting and review of objectives on an annual basis and day to day supervision of staff reporting to this role.
• Supervise outsourced shared administrative staff and guards.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field
• At least 5 years' experience in an INGO with diverse teams; 3 years of which should be in a management role in the relevant field.
• Experience managing field offices.
• Experience in project management and proven organizational skills.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Excellent ability to work under minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills;
• Enthusiastic about learning, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Strong verbal and written communication.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.