Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for ensuring effective systems of internal accounting controls are maintained and developed to ensure reported financial information is accurate, adequately supported and in compliance with local laws and company policies.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses; Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Ensure that records comply with laws and regulations.
• Timely posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are up to date
• Provide direction during Monthly stock takes and reconciliation of Variances
• Follow up with the relevant team for variance explanation and clearance to ensure proper revenue reporting as well as strict adherence to the policies and producers.
• Preparation of the annual Hospital budgets i.e. income-expenditure budget, capital expenditure budget, cash flow budget and balance sheet.
• Updating accounts payable and performing reconciliations
• Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
• Verification of all payment vouchers to ensure accuracy and adherence to internal controls.
• Ensure supplier/doctor payment queries and disputes are responded to and closed promptly.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of statutory payments to avoid penalties.
• Ensuring daily monitoring of Cash and Cash equivalent accounts and weekly and monthly reconciliation.
• Maintain and manage hospital’s main petty cash float.
• Carry out random petty cash counts on all petty cash points.
• Analysis and review of General ledger and sub-ledger accounts and journals to ensure data integrity in financial reporting
• Preparation and presentation of the management reports to the various divisional, departmental and sectional heads monthly
• Monitor actual performance against operating budget and provide variance explanations, and recommend specific actions
• Provide supporting schedules, analysis, and explanations to the support accounts in the TB during external and regulatory audits and preparation of the financial statements
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounts
• CPA (K) and or ACCA
• Member of a professional body e.g. CPA (K), ISACA and ICPAK will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of accounting and reporting standards
• Should be familiar with costings, taxation, and cost analysis.
• Advanced excel skills are a must
• Hand on Knowledge of month-end and year-end closing procedures
• Should be hands-on with a financial system & iTax.
• Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in healthcare would be desirable
• Able to work under minimum supervision.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
• A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
• Confident, presentable and aggressive
• Critical, analytical, and creative thinking to identify and solve problems
• Must be time conscious and have a sense of urgency and meet monthly cut-off deadlines
• Must be able to work across functions, have the drive and energy to drive excellence
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the position being applied, your current and expected remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org . The application should be received not later than 5.00pm on 7th October 2022. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications. Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.