Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Manage all trade payables and receivables by ensuring the appropriate payments are processed within the prudential timelines and receivables are pursued and collected within the agreed period.
• Process invoices
• Ensure all transactions that are done off the Core Banking System are booked in the Accounting system.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
• Reconciliation of bank statements and failed transactions both in the Core Banking System and the Accounting system
• Participate in financial audits.
• Participate in the annual budget process, forecasting and all other financial planning exercises in consultation with the Finance Manager.
• Prepare all financial related regulatory returns in a timely manner on time for approval by Finance manager before forwarding to the Central Bank of Kenya.
• Responsible for timely preparation of tax reports
• Participation in considering and inputting assumptions in the IFRS model and ensuring they are current and appropriate and that the outputs are accurate.
• Monitoring all regulatory financial ratios and escalating any adverse trend on any ratio to the Finance Manager to alert the management team for appropriate action.
• Ensure all crucial financial administrative records are archived and are accessible in case of need.
• Manage payroll and ensure staff salaries are processed on a timely manner reflecting all pre-payroll changes and ensure all statutory deductions are remitted to the respective agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Business or any other relevant field.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in a regulated financial institution.
• Professional qualification in Accounting - CPA(K) or ACCA.
• Member of professional bodies like ICPAK.
• Must have a good grip of the CBK Prudential Guidelines, CBK Risk Management Guidelines, the Kenya Banking Act and the Kenya Microfinance Act (2016)
• Have in-depth accounting Knowledge
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.