Finance & Accounts Officer
Jobs at:Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA)
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance & Accounts Officer (1 POSITION) EPRA JOB GRADE 6
(PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Providing support for the budget preparation process and preparing budget monitoring reports;
2. Preparation of cash flow projections for the institution;
3. Tracking, analysis and reconciliation of EPRA levies and other revenues;
4. Developing procedures relating to the institution’s finances;
5. Preparation of payment vouchers, imprests, claims and imprest surrender documents;
6. Preparation of payroll, statutory and other deductions and ensuring timely remittance;
7. Updating of fixed asset register, acquisition and disposal and posting of depreciation;
8. Reviewing of the general ledger, and reconciliation of debtors and creditors balances;
9. Reviewing and updating functionalities and new system requirements of the RMIS;
10. Supporting the internal and external audit function during audit process; and
11. Upstream Petroleum Cost Accounting.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Accounts Commerce (Finance Option), Business Administration, Business Management,
Economics or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
2. Proficient in Computer Applications; and
3. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
1. A Signed application letter;
2. A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
3. Copies of academic and professional certificates;
4. Copy of Birth Certificate; and
5. Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications, quoting the reference number, through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA), P.O Box 42681 - 00100, Nairobi.
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.