Vacancy title: Finance & Admin Assistant-HHK[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: Heifer International
Deadline of this Job:
13 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance & Administrative Assistant is the first contact point to the HHK Kisumu Office. S/he is primarily responsible for the day-to-day office operations providing support to the project team as well as maintaining systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications between program offices as well as partners and performing administrative tasks as assigned. S/he will implement procedures, which promote financial discipline to meet organizational goals as well as maintain an efficient document retrieval system.
Intellectual curious, accountable, professional judgement, effective communicator, pragmatic, inspirational and team player.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Act as initial point of contact for the office by responding to both internal and external inquiries/requests.
Follow-up on all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
Receive and attend to telephone calls and courteously direct calls accord
Support the project procurement activities.
Manage a functional and organized office filing system to ensure that the project documents and records are appropriately filed and secured for easy retrieval.
The projects database of Community Faciltators, CAVES, PFTs and DFAs is developed and maintained to reconcile payments and recruitments.
All relevant documentation including activity reports, transfers and payments, agreements and reconciliations of each Hubs is filed immediately as they are received.
All project documents are filed in the relevant month.
Review hub reconciliations for registration in Agresso.
Support the Project Accountant in administering and documenting quarterly hub financial monitoring activities.
Ensure all project assets are properly documented and carry out periodic asset verification exercises.
Registration of documentation in support of month end closure
Timely registration of approved transactions in Agresso daily while ensuring they comply with Heifer APP, and government regulations
Receive all invoices, staff requests, and ensure they are well stamped and forwarded to relevant authority for review and approval
Print and attach Payment vouchers and Proof of Payments to all processed transactions for approval before filing.
Scan and upload all backup documentations into Agresso to aid transaction reviews and ensure they are well saved into share connect
Undertake due diligence of the Hubs, within the region on financial viability, financial assessment, and sustainability.
Quarterly hub financial monitoring and flash hub audits and capacity building done in conjunction with the project accountant and business development team.
Liaison with service providers to ensure that visits to the project areas are managed smoothly, professionally, and efficiently. (15%)
Reserve hotel for staff and visitors as needed.
Coordinate airport transfers for incoming/outgoing staff.
Assist with permit/logistical protocols for traveling staff where required.
Qualification and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or Administration or related qualification plus three (3) years of hands-on related experience coupled with CPA Part 1or ACCA Level 1 qualification.
Practical experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), procurement and front office management. Data entry and basic excel analysis will be an added advantage.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
1. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
2. Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
3. Exemplary customer care and administrative skills
4. Strong problem-solving skills.
5. Strong English language skills – oral and written.
6. Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter, and electronic mail software (Microsoft Office preferred).
7. Excellent keyboarding skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
1. May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
3. Ability to produce accurate documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
4. May require occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms) floor to waist.
5. Ability to operate all standard office equipment including copiers, scanners, fax machines and printers.
6. Ability to establish priorities, achieve deadlines and make sound judgments.
7. Ability to perform as an effective team member and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
8. Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
9. Constant telephone, face-to-face and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with minimal supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.