Finance & Administration Interns
Jobs at:International Committee for the Development of Peoples
Deadline of this Job:
22 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance & Administration Interns
Ref N: CISP008-2022
No. of positions: 2 (Two)
Location of work: Nairobi
Reports to: Country Administrator
Start of work: September 2022
Duration: 3 Months, possible Extension of another 3Months
The International Committee for the Development of Peoples (CISP) is an equal employment opportunity employer with its headquarters in Rome. CISP Kenya carries out projects in areas of development by supporting national and county authorities to provide quality, equitable, transparent, and accountable services in the sectors of higher education, child protection, culture, food security, and nutrition.
Currently, CISP has its main country office in Nairobi with sub-offices in Kakamega and Tana River. CISP’s current programming in Kenya is concentrated in the sectors of Child Protection, Higher Education, Resilience, Youth Empowerment, and Arts and Culture. From 2019 to 2023, CISP is the lead agency of several consortia (totaling 15 partners, both international and local) implementing multi-year projects across Kenya, as summarized below:
• Resilience: In Tana River County, CISP is leading a consortium of partners to implement a Resilience-building project in the Agriculture and Food Security, Livelihoods, Nutrition, and WASH sectors, co-funded by the EU.
• Child Protection: In Kakamega and Nakuru Counties, CISP is leading a consortium to implement a Child Protection project, co-funded by AICS.
• Arts & Culture: In Nairobi and Mogadishu, CISP is leading a consortium of partners from Kenya, Somalia, Italy, and Sweden to implement a Youth Empowerment project in the Arts and Culture sectors, co-funded by the EU.
• Higher Education: In Nairobi, CISP is leading a consortium of universities from Kenya and Italy to implement a program on Human Development in the higher education sector, co-funded by CEI and AICS.
• Objective: The objective of the Office Admin Internship is to offer opportunities for career development to the Interns while supporting CISP Kenya Administration team in Financial Reporting, Procurement and Documentation.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Participate in administrative tasks which include; Accounting, Procurement, Human Resource, and Financial Reporting.
• Support the Finance Team in preparation of the project and institutional audits.
• Review financial documents (from CISP and partners) for completeness, accuracy, and timely processing of payments.
• ▪ Follow up on support documents from the field offices and partner’s offices to the Country office. Ensuring the scans/copies are posted or delivered on specific set dates.
• ▪ Compilation of all financial data in the accounting system observing timeliness and accuracy by ensuring that all financial documents are set to the correct budget codes according to the funds requested or budgets.
• ▪ Support the efficient verification & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of procurement, Logistics, and Human Resources documentation as per the instructions from Supervisor and according to CISP processes and procedures.
• ▪ Scanning procurement/financial support documents.
• ▪ Support in inventories, asset tracking, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner. ▪ Generating and analyzing reports, taking notes during meetings, preparing statements, entering data, etc.
• Provide any other support related to Administration as requested by Country Administrator."> Eligibility Requirements:
• Personal Attributes and Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Qualifications of a Certified Public Accountant (CPA/ACCA) OR Diploma in Finance and Administration
• Strong computer skills in, Microsoft office application including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to efficiently take up multiple tasks under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated high levels of integrity, honesty and transparency
• Good communication skills, Fluent written and spoken English and Kiswahili, with excellent writing and editing skills.
• Have a valid certificate of good conduct.
• Must be a self-motivated and reliable person who can work with minimal supervision
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your application by e-mail to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org , with the e-mail subject as: “Application for Finance & Logistics” no later than 17:00 EAT August 22nd, 2022. Late applications will not be reviewed.
Applications must include ALL of the following in order to be assessed:
• Duly filled Annex 3.3. Job Application Form
• Cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications for this position.
• CV including 2 references.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CISP, please visit www.cisp-ngo.org .
CISP is strongly committed to ending Child Abuse, all forms of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, and to building a work environment that is safe and welcoming for all, where Sexual Harassment does not take place. The desired candidate for any position should share and support this commitment in all aspects of their personal and professional behavior. Any history implicating that the applicant has a history of Child Abuse, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, or Sexual Harassment, is a reason for excluding him or her from employment with CISP.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.