Finance & Administration Manager 2
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RTI is seeking a Finance and Administration Director for WKSP project. The Finance and Administration Director will be responsible for providing finance and operations leadership to the team. This position will ensure overall financial management, procurement oversight and the management of grants under the project. The Finance and Administration Director will additionally oversee the finance and operations teams. This position will be based in Kisumu, Western Kenya, and reports to the Chief of Party.
Responsibilities of the Finance and Administration Director include, but are not limited to:
• Leads all project finance and operations, including general administrative processes, financial management, grant management, procurement, accounting, administration, human resources, information technology, logistics, and activity startup and closeout
• Ensuring the adequate management of the financial systems and the management of grants.
• Manages projection of monthly, quarterly, and annual expenditures and prepares pipeline estimates. Anticipate, evaluate current and emerging financial risks, develop and implement mitigation strategies.
• Ensuring project compliance to the donor and organization policies and procedures.
• Conduct monthly operational team meetings to review progress, discuss operational goals, and adjust activity administration tactics as required.
• Provide expertise knowledge related to designing and delivering systems for donor-funded financial management and reporting, training staff and partners on value-for-money principles and due diligence, instituting financial systems, and preparing and managing budgets.
• Manages the grants and strategic Activities funds (SAF) programs from inception to close out, including selection of grantees, pre-award/application documents, budget reviews, signed grant agreements, modification, financial reports, and monitors audits of grantees.
• Ensures efficient and compliant administration of the project and oversees all financial, procurement and operational areas of responsibility, in keeping with internal and external compliance requirements.
• Build successful relationships with colleagues, donors, and partners to develop project success.
• Provide oversight on the project security plan with support from regional security manager,
• Ensure project office is compliant to OSHA requirements.
• Ensures adherence to USAID and RTI financial and accounting policies and procedures consistent with various laws and regulations.
• Responsible to ensure project financial goals are met and provide support to the technical team to ensure timely activity implementation is carried out.
• Timely submission of DA 1 form and following up with vendors for reimbursements.
• Assists Chief of Party in managing all aspects of staffing and creating/maintaining a clear organizational structure with appropriate operational controls, specific roles, responsibilities, and reporting lines.
• Supervises the Operations Team, providing strong oversight and management. Specifically, supervises the SAF/Grants Manager, Finance Manager, Office Assistant, and Drivers.
• Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience, Master's degree and 10 years of experience, PhD and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing finance and administration, logistics, and/or HRof a donor-funded activity.
• Demonstrated experience administering and managing complex grant funding, including experience with procedures to monitor, evaluate, and report on grant implementation and expenditures.
• Experience developing and/or maintaining budget tracking tools.
• Strong skills in budgeting, donor reporting, grants management and accountably, organizational risk, internal audits, and organizational capacity assessment and development.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
• Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to travel and work in any of the target counties and difficult terrain/conditions at times.
• Proficiency in English is required.
• Work experience in Kenya required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to RTI International on globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.