Finance & Administrative Associate
Jobs at:World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, September 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance & Administrative Associate
Join the Environmental Management Systems Working Group
Familiarize with WFP’s Environmental Policy and the basic concepts of EMS in general and champion the implementation of sound environmental changes within the duty station in various aspects such as waste management, change of utilities such as lighting to LED lights, change management of staff to being environmental conscious ensuring lights and air conditioners are switched-off when not in use, aimed at protecting the environment and minimizing WFPs carbon footprint.
Provide annual Green House Gas (GHG), Water and Waste Management data for the respective duty station.
• Extract data from various sources in financial and accounting systems and prepare monthly reports
• Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the sub office and elsewhere in the programme;
• Ensure correct coding and posting of expenses in WINGS using the correct activity codes
• Prepare budget v/s actual report for the sub office and share with the head of sub office and a copy sent to Nairobi on a monthly basis
• Assist in the preparation of the sub office budget and monitoring the same
• Provide monthly financial reports on guest houses (revenue and expenditure)
Sub Imprest Management
• Monitor the sub imprest balances and seek replenishment from Nairobi
• Make All payments from sub-imprest account which should be properly supported by approved vouchers and invoices after confirming receipt of goods/services.
• Perform bank reconciliation and submit reports to Nairobi by the 3rd for MMC compilation.
• Verify claims for accuracy and conformance with administrative and financial rules and regulations
• Confirm availability of funds in sub-imprest account prior to review by supervisor and prepare payment vouchers
Petty Cash Management
• Perform petty cash reconciliations and submit reports to Nairobi by the 3rd of the following month for MMC compilation
• Ensure individual petty cash transactions should not exceed USD 200
• Ensure supporting documents should be obtained for all expenses
• Petty cash book should be updated on a daily basis
• Weekly cash counts performed by petty cash holder and reconciled to wings records
• Petty cash replenishment requests should be supported by a summary of all the vouchers (cashbook),
• Replenishments are made to petty cash in the exact amount of any expenditures in order to re-establish the cash float to the exact amount of the approved advance.
• Review the accommodation register to verify details of guests who have stayed at the guesthouse v/s payments.
• Ensure that all cheques are adequately controlled, secured and accounted for.
• All bank payment instruments must be signed / authorized by at least 2 signatories
• Monitor fuel utilization and prepare fuel reconciliation reports
• Review and reconcile vendor statements on a regular basis to ensure invoices received and payments made have been properly processed
• Ensure that the office safe is properly managed
• Miscellaneous deposits such as guest house receipts should not be co-mingled with petty cash funds
• Park JV`s to charge accommodation to staff as per WFP policy (Residents & Guests)
• Park JV`s to recognize expenditure paid via the sub-imprest
• Park the petty cash journals on a weekly basis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education: Completion of a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. An advanced Diploma in Finance, Accounting or in the related field is also desirable. A Degree in the same field and membership in a professional accountancy body is an added advantage.
• Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of Finance and Administration.
• Language: General Service (Field): Fluency in English language in both oral and written communication.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.