Finance And Grants Officer
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: Finance And Grants Officer
REPORTS To: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER, EA (FAM)
LOCATION/DUTY STATION: NAIROBI
TERMS: FULL TIME
DURATION: PERMANENT .
Role and Responsibilities
• Review payment requests for invoices and other reimbursements for further approval by department and budget managers ensuring compliance with the organization's accounting, financial and operational policies as well as coding accuracy, appropriate authorizations, business purpose and evidence of value for payment. Ensure completeness of documentation.
• Review recorded voices in the accounting system in an accurate and timely manner
• Review vendor disbursements and staff expense reimbursements
• Review petty cash postings in Oracle Financials or Unit ERP
• Reconcile and review cash, petty cash prepayments, accruals, and other balance shout accounts
• Prepare schedules and propose journal entries to support monthly and fiscal year end closing
• Ensure compliance with institutional policies as well as terms and conditions for restricted grants, contracts or other funding sources,
• Compile requested documentation to support the annual financial statement and other statutory audits
• Participate in the ongoing development and education of non-finance staff regarding institutional and local office policies and procedures.
Budgeting & Reporting
• Review monthly actual to budget performance reports to project managers
• Support the development of local office budgets and work plans as part of the annual budgeting and planning cycle.
• Alongside Finance Project Leads, support the preparation of grant reporting for submission to funding agencies
Grant Management - Restricted Grants Funds & Unrestricted Grant Funds
• Lead EA finance team in Operational Collaboration with Restricted Grant Portrayer/Sub Awardees
• Coordinate with Sub Awardees/Partners. Due Dates of Reporting. Receive and Review Financial Reports from Partners
• Coordinate payments to sub awardees/Partners
• Conduct audits, including site visits to Grants
• Maintain a grant database for all unrestricted fund grants issued
• Represent the Finance Department in the IFAW EA Procurement Teams.
• Keep Updated with IFW's and Donor Procurement Rules and Procedures and Advise Respective Project Managers to ensure Compliance
• Serve as backup in executing monthly payroll
• Support the review and development of contracts and other agreements
• Act as IFAW bank agent
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Minimum 7 years general accounting experience. CPA graduate-CPA(K)
• A University degree graduate in Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or related field will be considered
• Experience with accounting and reporting for EU, USAID.UKAID or other federal agency funding is desirable.
• Experience with or knowledge of Oracle Financials or Unit4 ERP or other related financial software preferred.
• Advanced computer Knowledge and expertise with Microsoft Office software required
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please forward letter of interest, CV and copy of credentials to the following 2 emails simultaneously email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include your current and expected salary and benefits. The subject for your application should read: Finance and Grants Officer
Applications should be received before close of business. Friday, 19th February, 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.