Finance Assistant (Accounts Payable)
Jobs at:African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
Deadline of this Job:
23 May 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Assistant (Accounts Payable)
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Accounts Payable
• Monitor accounts payables email queue on a daily basis.
• Review and post all invoices in a timely manner ensuring all the appropriate supporting documents are attached in the system and in accordance with AWF financial policy and procedures.
• Receive and Reconcile supplier statements with vendor account on a monthly basis and respond to vendor queries on a timely manner.
• Support with reconciliation of accounts payable
• Cash and Bank:
• Daily posting of bank transactions in the Accounting System accurately
• On monthly basis, Reconcile and post assigned Bank Reconciliations in the Accounting System
• Deposit of cash and checks to appropriate bank accounts
• Processing of vendor payments using current AWF online banking Straight to Bank (S2B) platform and Write checks on a regular basis as per the system due dates in accordance with the Donor and AWF regulations
• Support process invoices and initiate payments for offices without finance staff.
• Monitor AWF bank account activity and ensure adequate cash balance to support smooth operations;
• Payroll payables
o Support payroll function to post all payroll deductions within the set deadlines.
o Ensure payments of the payroll deductions is done and GL accounts cleared
o Ensure evidence of payment of the Payroll deductions are filed
o Reconcile and ensure no outstanding balances older than one month
• Month End Close Process:
o Support the supervisor with the monthly close out process by other assigned finance monthly tasks are completed as per set deadlines
o Support line manager in review of Accounts Payable report to confirm correct month end balances, cleanup thereof
o Ensure all invoice reviews and postings are completed as per set deadlines
o Confirm all Vendors are in the correct AP group
o Maintain a complete filing system for all bank and petty cash reconciliations
• Make disbursements in compliance with Donor and AWF regulations;
• Support in gathering support documentations in preparation of annual, internal and donor audits;
• Collect and scan all Payable finance documentation in an organized electronic filing structure that is user friendly
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor and other Senior Finance Team.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business or related field
• Qualified Certified Public Accountant
• Minimum 3 years working experience in an International NGO
• Audit experience is desirable
• Experience in using ERP is desirable (MS Navision Dynamic / Oracle NetSuite)
• Knowledge in French will be an added advantage
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Flexible, culturally sensitive, and exude a “team” attitude
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff, partners and donors
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.