Finance Assistant (Africa)
Jobs at:Deltar Properties
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About The Role
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking an ambitious Finance Assistant to provide support to our Africa (AFR) team based in Nairobi, Kenya by supporting the grants and managing daily accounting tasks. This individual will be a part of a professional team working to provide high level stewardship for the organization’s finances. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, be attentive to detail and must be comfortable working with numbers. The Finance Assistant will contribute to a smooth processing of transactions, participate in the budget management of grants and overall be efficient and responsive to the needs of various stakeholders. This individual will ensure the accounting function runs efficiently to ensure grants and personnel are well supported to accomplish their mandates.
• Prepare financial transactions related to office and project expenditures.
• Ensure proper coding and approvals for all transactions.
• Support budget management of grants.
• Support in the reporting of grants.
• Verify supporting documentation, ensure reconciliation with approved contracts.
• Maintain an effective filing system for financial transactions.
• Review and process travel & expense reports, follow up on employee advances.
• Manage the tax compliance by declaring and remitting all taxes due.
• Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
• Certified Public Accountant.
• 1+ years of work experience in finance or accounting.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and also work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn.
• Professional and positive attitude.
• Pro-active and results oriented.
• Friendly and customer service oriented.
Active Support Of HFHI Values & Commitments
• Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves.
• Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular.
• Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.