Finance Assistant - G6 - LICA Modality Contract
Jobs at:World Health Organization
Deadline of this Job:
09 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Summary of Assigned Duties
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Contribute to the development of the WRO programme budget, OSERs and workplans. Maintain an overview on budgetary, funding and related financial issues, closely monitoring deadlines, obligations, gaps etc. Draw supervisors’ attention to specific/unusual discrepancies or problems, recommends necessary corrective actions.
• Work as National Finance for the implementation of Direct Disbursement Mechanism – DDM, to review the offline & online data, review the online & offline payment request, support OO in ensuring compliance related to DDM, follow-up for the release of payment in timely manner
• Initiate, consolidate and prepare periodic reports on the budgetary situation, implementation rates and special financial reports; prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required. Initiate correspondence and answer queries related to area of work.
• Work as back-up to administer the E-Imprest system, scrutinize and select data from variety of sources, ensure accuracy in calculations and attachment of necessary supporting receipts of payments and authorizations. Process and monitor of eImprest GL’s and all eImprest transactions including review of services purchase orders – Imprest, DFC’s, GES and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records in compliance with financial procedures and WHO rules and reply to auditors’ queries.
• Support OO to advise and brief all staff and non staff on financial rules and procedures pertaining to allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters. Coordinate and supervise the work of other Finance Assistants, if needed.
• Initiate, verify and process financial transactions and payments for WRO office and sub- offices related to staff and non staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received from EMRO and GSC.
• Work as back-up to reconcile country office cash books and justify any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbook on a monthly basis
• Monitor timely transfer of program funds and award budgeting GSM workplans. Monitor distribution and amendments of awards, follow up on cash receipts and unapplied receivable balances, monitor revisions of amounts vis-à-vis award distribution by SO/OWER and budget centre, check validity of awards, reporting deadlines and linkage of awards to projects and initiate action for expenditure batches.
• Participate in preparation of proposals for resource mobilization and support WR and national partners, in the follow-up of multi or bilateral pledges to ensure the availability of funds for the implementation of workplans and programme activities.
• Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
• Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required
Education ( Qualifications)
• Essential: Completion of secondary education; training in business administration/commerce and or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.**
• Desirable: Bachelor degree in accounting, commerce or business administration is an asset.
• Essential: At least eight years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
• Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are required to submit their applications and cover letters as per below :
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: Application to Finance Assistant Post- Nairobi- March 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.