Finance Assistant Officer
Jobs at:Community Advocacy and Awareness Trust, CRAWN Trust
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 27 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 22 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Community Advocacy and Awareness Trust (CRAWN Trust) is seeking to recruit a finance assistant Officer . The Finance Assistant will support the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc. The role holder will be responsible for assisting in entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
• Maintain all financial records for the organization.
• Reconcile cash and bank accounts for grants and maintains accurate bookkeeping records.
• Conduct proper book-keeping, accountancy and reporting requirements for all programs and projects.
• Assist in conducting financial reviews for the organization in the course of program implementation.
• Review the documents and transactions at the organization and ascertain compliance, accuracy, relevance and reasonableness of each transaction
• Prepare regular monthly financial status reports of the organization.
• Make payments and receives funds in accordance with finance procedures.
• Ensure that all accounts records are filed in an orderly manner.
• Receive requisitions from other staff and ensures timely approval and disbursement of activity funds in the projects in liaison with the Finance officer and Program Manager.
• Document financial transactions by entering account information and coding payment vouchers and files for data processing and/or payment.
• Prepare relevant invoices to various clients for payments and maintains debtors’ accounts.
• Maintain all accounting records and assets register.
• Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
• File VAT claims-DA1 Forms, Withholding Tax returns, PAYE returns and NGO returns.
• Ensure accounting compliance as per CRAWN, government and donor rules and regulations.
• Any other responsibilities assigned by the Finance Officer in ensuring that the whole organization runs smoothly.
• A bachelor’s degree of Commerce in Finance or equivalent.
• Professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA/ACC
• Knowledge in use of sage is an added advantage.
• A minimum of Two years in finance, accounting, or related experience
• Experience working with non-profit program management, budgeting, and accounting
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
• Financial management and reporting
• Tax management
• Advanced excel skills
• Financial systems knowledge
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Results orientation
• Strong collaboration and teaming skills
• Attention to detail
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and their Curriculum Vitae (as one document saved in their name in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Close of business on 27th June 2023. The cover letter should include salary expectations, state whether the applicant has a driving license and the date they are available to start work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.