Finance Assistant Partnerships, Regional Programs Re-Advertisement
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You will be part of the ESARO/Kenya Accounts Payable (AP) Shared Services Team specifically working for the AP team, and you will support the effective management of supplier payments and financial accounting roles. This position will work closely with AP Finance Officer and the larger Kenya Finance Team
Key Areas Of Accountability:
• Prepares monthly Cash Forecasts, liaising with all departments on their cash needs within the set deadlines.
• Process all bank payments vouchers including statutory deductions and ensure these are paid before deadlines
• Perform balance sheet reconciliation for assigned accounts.
• Supporting in archiving of payment vouchers and retrieving support documents for Audits
• Support in management of office petty cash and petty cash reconciliation
• Maintain updated programme advance tracker & Process petty cash vouchers and data entry.
• Performs recharges as directed by finance officer
• Prepares General Ledger and Cash Offline Spreadsheet for posting in the financial system.
• Assists in Preparing and posting adjustments and reallocation Journals.
• Records data on the General Ledger and Cash Offline Spreadsheets (GLACOS) for AP Finance transactions
• Ensures accurate budget code are entered in the GLACOS and validation is complete
• Posts data to Agresso after necessary reviews and approvals
• Any other duties/roles assigned by line manager.
Qualifications And Experience
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting Finance or a related field
• Two-years work experience working in a finance office in an NGO or commercial sector
• Proven ability to prioritise in order to meet deadlines.
• Financial accounting and AP experience
• Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all departments
• Ability to conduct coaching and training
• Competent in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and accounting systems
• Good communication skills
• Commitment to Save the Children values.
• Commitment to SCI Values
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Behaviours (Values In Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
• Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Save the Children on kenya.savethechildren.net to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.