Vacancy title: Finance Assistant - USAID Africa Trade and Investment[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: DAI Global
Deadline of this Job:
09 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Assistant will help the Finance team ensure that financial transaction documentation is complete, and accurate and that payments are made on a timely basis.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
• Receives and reviews (for completeness and accuracy) all incoming invoices and requests for payment. Ensures the integrity of all receipts, invoices, and vouchers.
• Prepares required documentation for submission to Finance Manager (who will prepare payment checks for Senior Management’s signature) and required documentation (expense cover sheets), post-payment, to provide to the Project Accountant for data entry into DAI’s Financial Accounting System;
• Assists the Project Accountant in recording and assigning costs based on approved budget into the Financial Accounting System, vFER
• Supports with processing DA1 forms for VAT exemption, VAT reimbursements and regularly updates the VAT tracker
• Manages the project’s petty cash according to ATI policies and procedures and submits the reconciliation each week to the Finance Manager.
• Assists with the daily scanning of financial vouchers for submission to DAI/Washington twice a month.
• Responsible for following up on statutory remittances to ensure they are all updated on time.
• Works with the Grants Manager to track all open grants and progress payment schedules;
• Performs other financial tasks assigned by the Finance Manager which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
• Maintains a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the ATI Field Operations Policy Manual.
• A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
• 4+ years of experience in accounting or financial management
• Experience working with international NGOs or donors, such as USAID-funded projects (preferred).
• Experience using Microsoft Excel (required)
• Experience using accounting software.
• Past experience managing petty cash accounts.
• Demonstrated ability to work in dynamic environments and achieve development outcomes
• Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
• Ability to perform high-level duties with a minimum of supervision
• Strong English writing and speaking skills required
• An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
• Previous experience with DAI policies, procedures, and systems (TAMIS, etc.) preferred
• Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive • Ability to perform high-level duties with a minimum of supervision • Strong English writing and speaking skills required • An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.