Jobs at:African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
Deadline of this Job:
23 May 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Travel Advance Management:
• Monitor Travel system and Accounting Portal queue on a daily basis.
• Review and Process travel advances and reimbursement requests
• Disburse travel advances in compliance with AWF Travel Policy and procedures
• Process advance retirements in line with the laid down Travel policies and ensure that outstanding issues are resolved
• Support with reconciliation of the Travel Advance Receivables and vendor card
• Accounts Receivable
o Continuous follow up with Customers for collection of Receivables
o Support payroll function in continuous follow up with Staff for collection of Staff Receivables
o Support with reconciliation of accounts receivables and Travel Advance Receivables
• Credit Card Accounting:
• On a monthly basis, follow up on Credit Card expensing;
• Support in credit card transaction reviews as per the Credit card policy and highlight any unresolved issues
• Ensure the justification is adequately supported, Reconciled and closed
• Petty cash float management:
• Administer petty cash float, Serves as custodian of petty cash at HQ
• Maintain optimal cash balances and ensure established cash limits are observed
• Initiate top ups and replenishment and process cash payments.
• Updates the Petty cash worksheet daily to capture utilization and post the transactions in the Accounting system
• On monthly basis, undertake Petty cash reconciliation
• Cash and Bank:
• Facilitate Deposit of cash and checks to appropriate bank accounts
• Support in processing of vendor payments using current AWF online banking Straight to Bank (S2B) platform and write checks on a regular basis as per the system due dates.
• Monitor AWF bank account activity and ensure adequate cash balance to support smooth operations;
• On monthly basis, Bank Reconciliation as assigned
• File all Bank statements and Bank Reconciliation Appropriately
• Month End Close Process:
o Support the supervisor with the monthly close out process by other assigned finance monthly tasks are completed as per set deadlines
o Bi-weekly run of Accounts receivable report confirming correct month end balances and customer reconciliation
o Maintain a complete filing system for all bank and petty cash reconciliations
o Support the supervisor with booking and expensing all Prepayments.
• On monthly basis support Payroll function to prepare the Utmost/Generali schedule within set deadlines.
• Ensure Utmost/Generali deductions correctly posted
• Prepare GL reconciliation report for review
o Monthly Motor Vehicle Mileage Billing: Ensure Motor Vehicle Log sheets completed, approved and Journal entry for the monthly billing are passed in the system
• Manage accounting office storage and filing;
• Support in gathering support documentations in preparation of annual/donor audits;
• Collect and scan all Receivable finance documentation in an organized electronic filing structure that is user friendly;
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor and other Senior Finance Team.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business or related field
• Qualified Certified Public Accountant
• Minimum 3 years working experience in an International NGO
• Audit experience is desirable
• Experience in using ERP Accounting systems is desirable Knowledge in French will be an added advantage
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Flexible, culturally sensitive, and exude a “team” attitude
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff, partners and donors
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.