Jobs at:Catholic Medical Mission Board’s (CMMB)
Deadline of this Job:
27 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Provide guidance on and implement CMMB’s financial policies and procedures and donor compliance requirements
• Record all financial transactions accurately, completely and in a timely manner in line with the Chart of Accounts through the Abila software (MIP) accounting system
• Ensure sound financial management and compliance activities of assigned grants/projects and office operational activities to include:
o Monitoring of project budgets and expenses
o Preparation of vouchers, cheques, Mpesa and EFT payments and processing of payments
Invoicing/tracking of accounts receivable and cash receipts;
o Maintain, Record and Reconcile petty cash accounts
o Liquidation of employee receivables in line with manual records/expense forms from staff
o Conducting site visits and training/mentoring of project staff.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations, filing of all accounting vouchers and documents
• Ensure all financial assets are adequately recorded, safeguarded and all financial documents are securely filed
• Ensure availability of accurate, complete and timely financial information for decision making purposes by senior management
• Record, count and update the Asset and Inventory Register regularly.
• Participate in other program implementation activities and miscellaneous finance duties as required and assigned by the Senior Finance and Administration Manager.
• You have a bachelor’s degree in Commerce (BCOM) or Business Administration majoring in accounting or Finance
• You have a minimum of at least two (2) years of accounting experience in a similar capacity working with an international NGO on donor funded project projects
• You have Professional Accountancy Qualifications (CPA II/ACCA II)
• You possess a high degree of integrity, and a strong commitment to CMMB’s mission
• You demonstrate strong inter-personal skills and the ability to transfer knowledge and visit project sites
• You have hands on application of Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); working knowledge of Abila (Sage) accounting software preferred
• You have demonstrable Knowledge of MPESA Bulk Payment System
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management, and managing expectations of multiple clients
• Familiarity with Global Fund financial management and reporting will be an added advantage
• You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
• You believe in CMMB, where we are going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Catholic Medical Mission Board’s (CMMB) on app.smartsheet.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.