Jobs at:Christian Aid
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the role
• To support the finance manager with all financial affairs of the office and programme, including inputing of data in an efficient, accurate and timely manner. Likely to operate in one office with limited supervision.
• To prepare financial documentation including payments, petty cash reimbursement , petty cash advances and all staff floats.
• To ensure efficient and accurate cash and bank books and the timely preparation of monthly accounts and returns.
• To ensure efficient, accurate and timely collation of finance information requested by senior colleagues.
• To extract reports from the financial and administration systems to review the status of the budget and the adherence to financial policies and procedures.
• To ensure accurate maintenance of the asset management system.
• Cash, bank books and other financial documentation maintained in an accurate and timely manner
• Accurate payments made to suppliers and staff.
• Accurate and timely posting of transactions into Christian Aid Accounting system
• Team player during month end closure processes.
• A complete set of scanned vouchers filled on the intranet and accessible to the relevant stakeholders in the organisation in addition to maintaining a good physical filing system.
• A well-managed petty cash imprest system.
• Asset Register is accurately maintained and updated.
• Christian Aid and donor financial policies and procedures are complied with.
• Successful team player during partner expenditure verification.
• Successfully giving support in handling external audits to allow for timely completion of all audit engagements.
• Good relations with third parties, suppliers and partners are maintained through positive communication.
This role sits within the Finance role family in the International Department. It is responsible for supporting all aspects of the finance function, which will include financial records, financial reports, budgets, donor funds, internal and external audits and providing financial support to Christian Aid partner staff. This role will also supports partner financial capacity and the compliance function
• The role holder will be qualified to at least degree level (or equivalent) and part qualified member of a recognised accounting organisation – CPA, ACCA
• Role holder will be a person of high integrity and who exhibits self-leadership, decisiveness and teamwork in day to day ways of working.
• Knowledge of financial standards required by donors, local financial standards and legal framework
• Experience working with financial accounting procedures of writing and reviewing financial reports, creating and monitoring budgets and working with compliance regulations.
• Experience with using excel and word processing packages and other account reporting tools
• Knowledge of vaious donor requirements e.g DFID, EU, USAID.
• Knowledge of local partners/NGOs and development.
• Experience of dealing with institutional donor fund accounting.
• Experience of using computerised financial reporting tools.
• Part-qualified IFAC accountant and training related qualification
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.