Jobs at:Corporate Staffing
Deadline of this Job:
21 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Responsibility for processing & paying supplier invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensuring that proper authorization procedures are followed before payments are made.
• Responsibility for processing & paying staff expense claims for both credit card and cash claims in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations on or before the stipulated deadline.
• Reviewing and monitoring bank balances as well as projecting cash flow needs and requesting bank account refills from head office.
• Petty cash management.
• Payroll support by filing of statutory returns and payment of other payroll deductions to the relevant bodies in an accurate and timely manner.
• Recording rental income and maintaining rental schedules for tenants. Monitor rent debtors and assist in debt collection.
• Monitor operational costs and advise on cost management.
• Supporting the Kenyan accounts audit process by providing support as may be required.
• Any other duties as required by the Finance & Administration Manager.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounts accountancy or related field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably in a SME or audit firm would be desirable
• CPA (K) and or ACCA is required
• Member of a professional body e.g. CPA (K), ISACA and ICPAK will be an added advantage.
• Proven experience in a busy accounting office in the local and/or international financial Environment, including accounting, reporting, and compliance especially with local (Kenyan) tax laws e.g. VAT Exemption, Withholding tax, etc.
• Experience working with I-tax, NHIF byproduct, and the NSSF portal.
• Knowledge of and experience with Accounting software packages.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, and a strong team player.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to effectively prioritize work.
• Critical, analytical, and creative thinking to identify and solve problems.
• High transaction processing speed coupled with demonstrable self-time management skills due to volume of payments handled.
• High degree of self-initiative to handle varying situations presented by the inter-cultural nature of the work especially when dealing with suppliers and staff from other countries.
• Experience of operating in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity to different world views and diverse contexts.
• Comfortable working in a Christian organization with sensitivity to the breadth of church support that UBS enjoys.
• Self-motivated, with enough personal confidence to be open to continuous learning and development.
• Emotional intelligence and personal resilience, able to manage one’s own emotions and behaviours, particularly through times of change.
• Evidence of ability to work in a team and is motivated to adhere to commitments and keep strict deadlines
• Experience of working with global networked teams, and a track record in using all available communication tools in the context of a dispersed staff team.
• Experience of using Zoom, Google meet and other Google suite applications.
• Ability to manage own workload and work in a virtual team.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.