Jobs at:Nairobi Waldorf School
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To teach and educate learners according to the School curriculum and the education needs, abilities, and attainment of the potential of individual students.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assisting with all aspects of the development and effective operation of the finance function within the School.
• Assisting with operating and monitoring all school accounts and budgets, ensuring the safe receipt and handling of cash and cash equivalent, and the reconciliation of transactions.
• Completing administrative routines relating to orders, invoices, cheques, income, payroll, and the receipt and distribution of goods and services.
• Assisting with the establishment and maintenance of an accounting system to detail all assets, liabilities, equities, obligations, expenditures, and current and projected revenues.
• Processing payments, following required authorization, and ensuring cheques are signed by relevant signatories.
• Processing orders and ensuring sufficient funds are available beforehand, receiving delivered goods, and processing invoices.
• Issuing petty cash payments, ensuring required receipts and authorizations are obtained for all purchases.
• Ensuring the safe receipt, handling, and banking of money and cheques received.
• Assisting the Finance Manager with all aspects of payroll administration within the relevant deadlines, including preparation of timesheets, submission of variations and new details, entry of sickness data, handling of tax queries and any others.
• Providing assistance to staff regarding financial issues (e.g., placing and following up orders, advising of best value, providing details of alternative suppliers).
• Liaising with suppliers, contractors, other schools and organizations, and budget holders and attending to queries as required by the finance manager.
• Assisting the Finance Manager in organizing the letting of school premises, dealing with initial inquiries, sending out documentation and contracts, and liaising with staff as required.
• Contributing to the evaluation and development of financial systems and procedures.
• Aiding in the selection of suppliers and service providers in catering, maintenance, office supplies, furniture, and equipment, first aid materials, and general procurement of goods/services where applicable.
• Degree in Business/Procurement/Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or a related field from a recognized university.
• CPA OR ACCA Part 1.
Length of Experience
• 2 years
Types of Experience
• Proficiency in QuickBooks, Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and accounting systems.
• Strong background in procurement management systems with an understanding of procurement regulation and processes.
• Knowledge in accounting.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application to email@example.com indicating the Finance Assistant position In the subject line and the current and expected salary. Kindly submit your application by Wednesday, 15th February 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.