Jobs at:Population Services International (PSI)
Deadline of this Job:
07 November 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Receivable Maintenance: Handle the AR queries and follow-up for settlement in accounts below: -
• Staff Advance Accounts: Responsible for monthly advance account statements i.e. to capture advances, payments and Prepare liquidation journals for review and approval; o Deposit Accounts: Track and reconcile refundable deposit items and the of such accounts. o Prepaid Vendors Account Maintenance; Prepare monthly liquidation schedule i.e. expat allowances; Local staff fringes and Common Cost Allocation journals for review and approval. • Banking: Receipt of funds received from staff and/or vendors; Preparation of the deposit vouchers for review and approval process. Ensure proper and timely banking. Make timely accurate payments online/cheques. • Mobile Money: Make payments and maintain Cash management policy requirements.
• Travel Training & Support: Initiate and support in periodic Travel policy trainings for staff. Review of travel reimbursement claims. Answer staff queries related to travel.
• Data Entry: Prompt update of the accounting system and accounting spreadsheets. Carry out Inventory/Items receipt. Daily cashflow updates.
• Reporting: Support in the preparation of various Finance reports as required; Monthly Scan and attach all Payments, Deposits and Journal Vouchers on SharePoint. Prepare monthly aging reports for Staff/Travel advances and Deposits held for review and approval.
• Staff Bill Reviews: Maintain staff bills/accounts. Ensure telephone bills are authorized after personal calls are declared. Sample, test and escalate questionable bill charges/calls. • Filing: Carry out archiving and/or filing of supporting documents (ensure secure logical referencing and easy retrieval)
• Audit Support: Support during internal and external audits. Ensure documents are returned and 100% submission of documents.
• Fixed Assets: Fixed assets register maintenance in liaison with Asset Custodian. Prepare the physical asset verification reports for review and approval as a guide to ensuring all assets are insured. Disposal records, clearance, and receipting. Coordinate physical verification exercise and records.
• Petty Cash: Ensure policy adherence by Custodian, Perform and record regular/spot cash counts. Compile monthly reports.
What are we looking for? The basics
• CPA/ACCA Qualification
• Degree in Finance or Accounting
• 4 years minimum work experience with Non-governmental Organization or similar organization.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Good interpersonal skills (proactive, teamwork and flexibility)
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Good organizational/time management skills
• Must be conscientious, patient and focused
• Detail-oriented/Strong analytical skills
• Full time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than November 7th 2022 to email@example.com . Subject: Finance Assistant
• Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.