Jobs at:The Collaborative Centre for Gender and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 March 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Collaborative Centre for Gender and Development is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Finance Assistant. The candidate will be reporting to the Finance Officer. Tasks and Responsibilities The Finance Assistant shall perform the following among other duties and responsibilities:
Job Description Of Finance Assistant
• Preparation of payment vouchers and writing of the cheques.
• Updating and generating monthly reports for Cashbook and Ledger.
• Posting general journal entries on the ledger.
• Assist in receiving and verifying payment requests, invoices to ensure accuracy and accountability.
• Assist in preparation of Petty cash reconciliation.
• Printing, Stamping and Filing of Finance documents (receipts, vouchers etc.) and ensure accurate record keeping.
• Prepare calculations and payments of NHIF, NSSF and KRA ensuring timely filing and payments of the same.
• Assist the Finance team in preparation of audit.
• Ensure timely input of data required for preparation of monthly and related financial statements.
• Coding and posting voucher entries into general ledger.
• Checking and verifying tax compliance of VAT is included in the invoices.
• Reconciling of the bank accounts monthly and creditor/debtors accounts and advising on how to resolve any differences.
• Monitoring and reinforcing internal controls and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Assist the Accountant in monitoring quarterly expenditure with the donor reporting guidelines.
• Advising the program staff on how to prepare requisitions in line with the prevailing and organizational policies.
• Ensuring timely payments of monthly payments.
• Supporting finance team in preparation of financial reports to donor partners.
• Perform any other duties that you may be asked to do from time to time your supervisor and CCGD.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Commerce/Business with a major in Finance/ Accounting and at least CPA part 2.
• Minimum of two-three years progressive experience in an NGO will be an added advantage
• Must be conversant in i tax, NSSF and NHIF.
• Able to prepare financial reports.
• Attention to detail and ability to work under minimum supervision.
• A strong command of Microsoft Office Excel and other relevant computer applications
• Able to demonstrate hands on experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software.
• Solid understanding of Internal Controls, Accounting and Auditing principles.
• Should be a person of high integrity and professionalism.
• Good record keeping and filing skills.
• Good administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work with other team members.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send your application letter and Curriculum vitae only to the HR officer on email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position you are applying for before 24th March 2023. Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. N/B; Certificates and testimonials are not required at the application stage.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.