Jobs at:United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The key results have an impact on the overall execution of the UNOPS financial services. Accurate data entry and presentation of financial information and a client-oriented approach enhances UNOPS’ capability to effectively and efficiently manage financial resources.
• Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Provides accounting and administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Review of vouchers and review of supporting documents to ensure completeness, accuracy and correctness of accounts codes charges, entry of transactions in the computerized accounting and finance system.
• Review of OA accounting documents from the field to make sure they meet the rules and regulations as per FRR and procurement rules.
• Monitoring of financial recorded expenditures and related contributions to ensure timely and accurate accounting information.
• Analysis of reports, investigation and adjustment as required.
• Communication with colleagues/clients in areas requiring verification, corrections, additional information, etc. to improve quality of output and/or account submission and increase knowledge base in the process.
• Monitoring of cash requirements and expenditures.
• Provision of finance system support (UNOPS ERP Financial System, PeopleSoft) to field offices and regional office staff for Project Accounting and Financial Reporting
• Ensure the maintenance of a good filing and archiving system for the purpose of achieving quick reference and up-to-date financial records.
• Ensures accurate financial reporting, focusing on achievement of the following results.
• Implementation of reporting systems and reports to meet Funding source requirements.
• Reconciliation of expenditures recorded in oneUNOPS.
• Assistance to Project Managers with oneUNOPS reporting and analysis.
• Provision of ad-hoc financial reports as needed including for Year-End closure.
• Assist the finance officer in the management of the VAT and Operational Advance balance accounts.
• Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Participation in the Finance-focused trainings
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
• Completion of Secondary School is required.
• Diploma Certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or or other relevant disciplines with two (2) years of relevant experience may be accepted.
• University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or other relevant disciplines will be an asset.
• A minimum of four (4) years of relevant accounting and financial management experience at national level is required.
• Experience /knowledge of web-based applications and Google Suite products, especially google forms, sheets, docs and slides is an asset.
• A minimum of one (1) year UNOPS work experience in the relevant field is required.
• Fluency in written and oral English and the language of the duty station required. Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.