Jobs at:Ilara Health
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 10 2023
Date Posted:Wednesday, May 10 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Associate will work under the Head of Finance to support the Finance and Accounting function in day-to-day operations as well as maintain order and transparency for the companys finances. This will be a permanent role that will involve accounting, reporting as well as ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.The ideal candidate should be well versed in financial principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and great attention to detail.
1. Inspect, verify, and reconcile accounts payables records and its balances
2. Analyze and prepare weekly accounts payables reconciliation reports for each of our payment channels.
3. Perform bank reconciliations
4. Preparation of assigned balance sheet schedules and assist in balancing general ledger accounts
5. Prepare adequate accruals for all unpaid invoices of a particular month and make releases once payment has been effected. All accruals should be reconciled to the general ledger on a monthly basis
6. Regular issuing of updated monthly statements to vendors by the 3rd of the subsequent month.
7. Assist in preparing payment vouchers ensuring proper documentation and recording to the accounting system on a daily basis.
8. Assist in ensuring efficient, timely and accurate recording of payments and tracking of accounts payable.
9. Assist in preparing and processing bank payments and reconciliation of banking activities
10. Posting revenue journals & revenue reconciliation
11. Assist in compiling and analyzing financial reports
12. Assist with audit related duties.
13. Support month-end closing procedures by passing necessary entries
14. Support with any other tasks as assigned by the management
1. University degree in Accounting, Finance,Commerce or related field
2. Enrolled, part or fully qualified in the accounting profession with a recognized institute (ACCA, CPA, and CIMA.)
3. Knowledge of IFRS and Kenyan tax legislation.
4. High/Unquestionable integrity and Exceptional work ethic
5. 2+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector
6. Audit experience - Big 4 preferred
Who You Are
1. Growth driven and is a team mindset individual.
2. Attentive to detail, a keen and observant eye is crucial
3. Highly analytical with high proficiency in Ms Excel
4. Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
5. Self-motivated, creative and a self-initiator, highly organized and results-focused
6. Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
7. Adaptability; Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over the same.
8. Comfortable with start-up environment; ambiguity, aggressive goals and targets, open company culture, flat company structure, and strong team spirit
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.