Jobs at:World Food Programme (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
19 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules, and regulations.
• Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures and assist in the setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems, and internal controls.
• Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
• Monitor the centralized registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
• Contribute to the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure, and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
• Coordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
• Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
• Monitor and analyse general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
• Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analysing financial reports on a monthly basis.
• Allocate tasks to other support staff, provide guidance and on-the-job training in the management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, reviewing and analyzing vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
• Remain on stand-by and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field.
• Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in accounting, finance, or a related field would be an asset.
• Experience: Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in Finance, Accounting, or Audit.
• Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: High School
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.