Finance Business Partner (Programmes, Grants, Bids & Proposals - institutional funding)
Deadline of this Job:
08 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Roles and Responsibilities:
Advisory and partnering support
• Support the development of effective finance processing systems (particularly in relation to the management of commercial contracts) and build the capacity of managers and Country Finance teams in implementing sound reporting systems. 50% of time would be spent working on this and supporting the Head of Finance and other teams on joint projects, and share learning and build their capacity on new systems and processes.
• Create solutions to address the financial needs created by commercial contracts, and creating/adapting tools and systems to address these needs, while feeding it to organisational level change.
• Oversee commercial contract reporting to assess quality and trends, and participating in business reviews with country teams of financial performance of these contracts.
• Develop systems that allow for the more effective and efficient acquisition and financial management of commercial contracts, and build the capacity of colleagues to maintain and benefit from these systems
• Support the annual financial planning and budgeting processes to produce robust plans for Saferworld.
• Strengthen the capacity of country finance teams and support in implementing a robust financial performance management process
• Maintain oversight of all regional offices use of SUN and financial transactions processing and in developing partner relationships
• Lead the development and maintenance of a strong control environment (bank reconciliations and other control accounts, performance management data)
• Assist the London and global finance teams to build their IT and reporting skills. Help to plan training and development for London and overseas teams
• Organisational business partnering and team development
Building knowledge of donor reporting with all colleagues to improve financial management
• Develop strong relationships with colleagues in Regional offices and London. Work with/mentor and support Finance teams in-country to provide proactive, demand-driven capacity strengthening support on finance for Saferworld’s partners
• Provide sound financial strategic advice and analysis to assist the Head of Finance, Business Performance Director, leadership and senior staff in decision making
• Contribute towards the leadership and strategic direction of Saferworld finance management team
• Provide finance support to organisation-wide initiatives and Finance projects (e.g., changes or improvements to financial processes and systems).
• Oversee the implementation of cost recovery policies and risk management procedures in country offices, and sign off budgets for country fundraising proposals
• Design and deliver financial training sessions for finance staff and budget-holders in- country, and wider country leadership as required
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
• Experience working as a finance business partner/senior management position in the charity sector, ideally within a matrix organisation structure with an entrepreneurial mind- set
• Proven experience in budgeting and forecasting with a mix of restricted and unrestricted funds, including commercial contracts –including budget development, monitoring and accounting of profit
• Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
• Experience of project management across an organisation including an ability and willingness to undertake 'hands-on' tasks such as preparing budgets, cash flows and other financial planning, management and control processes
• Understanding of key operational and strategic considerations relating to institutional fundraising, grant making processes, donor reporting requirements, financial reporting with institutional donors
• Track record in anticipating change, understanding its impact on the organisation and supporting process to adapt to change
• Track record in working with people without line management responsibility, and influencing change
• Good knowledge of Sun system and Q&A and other reporting tools.
• Experience of working with a wide range of finance and non-finance colleagues, including overseas offices
Skills and abilities
• A positive business-needs centred approach and ability to work in a business partnering model with managers across the organisation
• Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with a wide range of people, including across cultures and with those at a distance.
• Ability to lead and motivate others through a positive can-do attitude and inclusive team ethos, building strong relationships and partnerships across finance and other departments
• High levels of technical and systems skills and ability to balance a strategic approach with strong hands-on work ethic.
• A hands-on person manager, able to support colleagues and create a learning environment, within the bustle of the day-to-day accounting environment
• Sensitivity to context, geographical dynamics that drive conflict and division, and power imbalances
• Commitment to and compliance with Saferworld’s safeguarding principles
• Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity, and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
• Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development
• Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Saferworld
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
To apply: Please share your CV and a supporting statement and email to email@example.com (using subject heading: Ref: FBP003).
Deadline: 8 February 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.