Finance Business Partner
Jobs at:Absa Bank Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To coordinate, plan & deliver day-to-day team tasks & activities in order to execute finance transactions accurately & timeously in support of org. policy compliance through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
Reporting to the Head of Finance RBB, this role is responsible for several processing functions of Absa Asset Management Limited with particular emphasis on accounting, reporting, planning and reconciliations for Absa Asset Management Limited.
The jobholder is required to work in a specialist area, under tight operating controls.
Assurance, Risk, Financial reporting, and Controls – 50%
• With oversight from the RBB Head of Finance perform the accounting role for Absa Asset Management Limited
• To manage the balance sheet and the profit and loss account of AAML and provide monthly management and statutory accounts
• Ensure proper accounting and reporting of both revenue and expenditure items
• Prepare and submit accurate regulatory returns and reports on time as per relevant statutory authority timelines.
• To oversee Absa asset management operations for review of adequate controls and to ensure accuracy of processed transactions and balance reconciliations
• Identify cost drivers and recommend cost control / management initiatives within AAML.
• To take lead in supporting internal and external audit process of AAML to deliver an appropriate control and compliant environment.
• Recommend changes to procedures and improve the process environment (through direct management)
• Perform revenue assurance reviews to identify risks and opportunities
• Document all procedures with respect to finance partnering AAML processes including Critical Process Assessments (CPA)
• Perform credit control procedures by ensuring that all outstanding debtors and creditor are current and ensure compliance with agreed payment timelines.
Finance Decision Support - 40%
• To help review and challenge the financial business case for all investment projects undertaken by the business and to monitor benefits by gathering data and calculating costs, benefits and returns.
• Prepare annual budgets for AAML and monthly forecasts including flash projections and compare actuals to plan
• Provide trusted financial analysis on a wide range of complex technical/business issues in connection with jobholder’s area of responsibility, e.g., variances, trend, impact of change initiatives, impact of new accounting regulations and how to account for new products approval process (NPA).
• To review business performance and provide insightful knowledge of the business drivers through robust and challenging analysis.
• To provide support and analysis on a range of technical issues in connection with the Financial and Management Accounts e.g., variance/trend analysis (actuals v budget) makeup of specific costs etc.
• Be up to date on all regulatory changes and can articulate the impact to the business. Well informed on current industry thinking.
• Coordinate activities with the Chief Data Office to provide business with key performance metrics including dashboards and scorecards on a daily basis
• To develop and report financial and other performance measures (metrics) required by the business e.g., the Monthly Business review Pack, Board papers, Country Management Pack
Strategy & Planning - 5%
• Undertake key elements of strategic management activity, involving the identification of how value is created, destroyed, and driven in the function.
• To support the business in its MTP/STP strategy processes
People Management – 5%
• Take responsibility for personal performance development, training and career development plans and ensure they are relevant and progressed.
• Actively contribute to both immediate team and relevant customer contacts.
• Attitude: Willingness to learn, positive “can do” approach and strong work ethic showing willingness to support team members in managing peaks and troughs in workload
• Interpersonal Skills: Open, collaborative approach to teamwork and ability to build network / relationships within the business. Should have confidence to communicate findings (including bad news) to stakeholders
• Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills. ability to communicate complex financial analysis to non-financial stakeholders
• Flexibility: ability to work across different teams and to pick up new skills quickly
Experience and Qualifications
• University degree in Business with specialization in Finance and/or Accounting
• Professional Qualification (CPA or ACCA)
• Additional desirable qualification-ICIFA, CISI
• Asset Management industry experience
• Investment and wealth management experience
• Experience in working in a financially focused role.
Knowledge Experience and Expertise
• Detailed knowledge of financial modeling using advanced Excel functionality.
• Knowledge and skills on power point presentations
• An ability to acquire skills quickly to interrogate systems, e.g., SAP, TM1
• Good communication skills, particularly the ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data and present in a concise and readily understood format.
• Good understanding of business strategic objectives and the value drivers of business products and markets.
• Good understanding of key banking account lines and drivers (Income, staff costs, recharges, depreciation, impairments etc.)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.