Finance Business Partner
Deadline of this Job:
07 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH is an international nonprofit organization with an annual budget of over $300 million. We transform global health through innovation, with an approach that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of business, the scientific expertise of a research institution, and the passion and on-the-ground experience of an international NGO. We’re putting innovation into motion to ensure that health is within reach for everyone by developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking a Finance Business partner. The Finance business partner is responsible for driving much of the day-to-day activities and responsibilities related to supporting division/team level financial reporting, analysis, modeling, forecasting and budgeting. This position will be the principal resource to provide meaningful analytics to support business needs, including analysis of monthly results to some specific divisional areas. This position report to the Global head of Financial Planning & Analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Drives the development of team/and or division level annual budgets, working in conjunction with division and team leaders.
• Develop and maintain key reports for reporting performance against the budget and other Key Performance Indicators, driving divisional leaders’ accountability. Highlight any key challenges or opportunities influencing the division’s performance against goals.
• Analyzes monthly financial performance against forecast and budget, investigate variances, communicate findings and makes recommendations to divisional leaders.
• Develops strong working knowledge of the teams that they support and proactively advise leaders on financial issues.
• Advises teams on short-term and long-range budget planning issues.
• Performs periodic updated financial forecasts highlighting any key challenges or opportunities influence performance to goals.
• Works directly with program executives on financial analysis and modeling pertinent to their respective program areas and keep them aware of key financial issues.
• Champion of data integrity within the allocated divisional portfolio. Monitor and control entry of department-level internal allocation budgets.
• Advises teams members on cost principles and compliance issues.
• Participate in the division strategy in term of allocation of internal resources.
• Participate in ad-hoc requests, cross-cutting projects, and analysis as needed.
• Five to ten years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience.
• Experience in a global nonprofit organization, a professional services organization, would be a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or relevant field from an accredited college or university. A Master’s degree (MBA) would be a plus.
• Advanced Excel modeling skills and proficient in other Microsoft Office Suite applications including World, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
• Ability to model and synthesize complex financial information, operating and KPI data into appealing presentations (to a nonfinancial audience) to facilitate understanding of operational results and drive performance improvement decisions.
• Strong organizational skills with detail-orientation, good follow-through, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and build relationships with diverse departments, collaborators and field staff.
• Ability to manage finances or budgets of multiple projects concurrently. Ability to quickly come up to speed on new concepts by synthesizing research for deeper analysis
• Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.