Finance Business Partner
Jobs at:Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, June 22 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• This is a strategic role within the global finance team on which the role holder will in collaboration with budget holders of key global function teams, (such as People, Public Fundraising, Business Development, Knowledge, Evidence & Learning and Corporate Services), organize, direct and complete the organizational budget, forecast and reporting processes in a timely and efficient manner. The role holder is expected to provide the relevant financial analysis and support,to inform and enable effective financial decisions and planning.
Safeguarding level: Level 1:
• VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We will expect all our employees/ volunteers to commit to protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our Global Safeguarding Policy.
• This post will have no direct contact/access to children and vulnerable adult, post holder will be expected to have a full commitment to uphold VSO safeguarding policy at all times. As part of our safer recruitment practice, a criminal background check (Basic DBS check for UK or equivalent Police check) will be obtained for post holder prior to start date.
Budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
• Working alongside the Implementation Team (who are responsible for the annual planning cycle), responsible for delivery of the organisational budget and reforecasting processes, ensuring these are effective for all budget holders and facilitate decision making.
• Working closely with senior finance stakeholders to ensure the financial business model and strategy are understood by VSO Global Functions’ budget holders.
• Ensure all budget holders receive training on budgeting and reporting to enable them to submit accurate budgets and make informed decisions from monthly reporting.
• With the Management Accountant generate the monthly management accounts at summary and functional/grant level in line with month end timetable, with clear commentary and analysis. Monthly management accounts include profit and loss analysis, balance sheet and cash flow.
• Produce appropriate financial reports for the Executive Board, senior managers, and budget holders across the organisation.
• Drive improvement in reporting and ensure alignment with organisational strategic changes and ways of working.
(key teams/roles this role will be working with)
• This role is the point of connection between the Global Finance Operations Team and the wider organisation in particular the Global functions and through the Global Implementation Finance Team (GIFT) the programme teams. Being able to translate financial requirements into understandable concepts is essential as is the ability to influence teams to constructively engage with the annual finance budgeting and reporting cycles.
• This role provides the analysis that enable the Global functions to make informed decisions and delivers the consolidated budget data for organisational decisions makers.
• Collaboration focusses on problem-solving, providing support and giving options, to provide value add to the following roles and teams:
• Fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, CPA or ACCA) with extensive post qualification experience with a strong accounting and analytical background covering income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow.
• A strong internal customer/stakeholder focused approach and intent to understand the organisation to support the achievement of its aims and objectives effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences, particularly internal and non-finance audiences.
• Significant experience in leading reporting and budgeting processes in a global organisation.
• Significant experience in business partnering with senior managers and directors in a global organisation.
• Ability to deliver strategy whilst maintaining an operational workload.
• Track record of analysing and reporting in a simple way on a large volume of data.
• Collaborate with the HR team to support the annual affordability work around proposed salary increases.
• Significant experience in designing and developing reports and budget templates in collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Advanced IT skills (particularly Excel) and experience of accounting and reporting packages.
• Experience of working in a multi-national, multifunctional environment.
• Experience of working with Public Fundraising functions, analysis Return on Investment, business plans and Public Fundraising Key Performance Indicators
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgement, influence and deliver under pressure, adopting a solution-focused approach. Commitment to VSO’s work and values.
Business Partner to Global functions
• Be the finance point of contact for budget holders of Global functions, providing financial and risk analysis and supporting budgeting and monthly reporting.
• Work with functional leads to understand and manage cost drivers in their area and enable them to achieve better value for money.
• Drive a culture of financial accountability in functional areas and across the organisation ensuring robust financial controls and oversight are in place and all budget holders are aware of their responsibilities.
• Pursue global consistency and continuous improvement in financial policies and procedures in collaboration with other team members.
• Work as part of the global finance teams to ensure that our systems are fit for purpose to support the needs of Programmes.
• Work closely with fundraisers and Business Pursuit to understand how expenditure drives income.
• Work closely with fundraisers on financial Key Performance Indicators.
• Review, analyse and present consolidated income and net income actuals, projections and scenario planning.
• Ensure reporting on key income and net matrix across UK, the Netherlands and Ireland.
• This is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities
• Global Function budget holders
• Global Implementation Finance Team
• Global - Head of Finance Operations
• Group Financial Accountant
• Finance Manager – UK
• Compensation and Benefits Analyst
• Management Accountant
• Global Finance Operations Team
• Global Implementation Finance Team/ Portfolio
• Finance Leads
• Global Functions teams
• Global Implementation Team
• Human Resources Team
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO) on www.vsointernational.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.