Deadline of this Job:
23 February 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Controller, BRAC International Holdings B.V.
Financial Reporting, Audit and Control
• Deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports of BIHBV and, in conjunction with the Investment Manager, BIFBV to SBI, Investors, Lenders and other stakeholders as per reporting calendar.
• Completion of the annual audit for BIHBV – stand-alone and consolidated with the MFIs – and for BIFBV, liaising with the MFI boards about the findings and ensuring follow-up on any action items.
• Ensure compliance with relevant financial reporting standards and prepare group-wide models/guidelines for the application of standards when necessary.
• Alongside the Finance Director, responsible for producing the required financial materials for BIHBV and, in conjunction with the Investment Manager, BIFBV board meetings and other seniormanagement meetings, and guiding the MFI CFOs in preparing their materials for MFI board and other stakeholder meetings.
Support Microfinance Teams to Deliver Growth Strategy
• Support MFI teams to deliver Growth for Impact Strategy, including in respect of reporting, regulatory compliance, and driving finance process improvement initiatives such as digitization of the financial processes and implementation of automated management information systems.
Budget and Planning Process
• Drive the annual budget preparation for BIHBV, BIFBV (in conjunction with the Investment Manager), and, in coordination with MFI CFOs, for the MFIs.
• Provide insight and analysis on the operational performance of microfinance entities to deliver budget targets*.*
• Ensure compliance with applicable Tax and VAT laws and other statutory obligations and timely submission of organizational taxes to the tax authority, including supporting MFIs in their obligations.
• Maintain a strong working relationship with the internal and external auditors, provide the necessary support to them and ensure all audit issues are addressed to maintain a sound control environment.
• Implementation of financial processes and internal controls for effective management of financial risks of BIHBV entities.
• Assist the Finance Director, in analysing and meeting the professional development needs and succession planning of the finance team, including, as needed, the MFI finance teams.
• Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
• Bachelor's degree in any business discipline
• Master’s degree in business or strategy will be an added advantage
• Recognised Professional Qualification in Finance or Accounting
• Motivated by the mission of the BRAC.
• Ability to work effectively both in groups and independently.
• Demonstrated initiative and creativity when solving problems.
• Ideally, a proven track record of success in managing large complex projects and financial systems in overseas or domestic settings & managing inter-company transactions.
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, with a collaborative and flexible style, and a strong service mentality. Needs to be and to be seen as a team player that is committed to lifelong learning.
• Effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills, particularly in English.
• Strong commitment to developing and helping team members.
• Willing to travel both within and outside country.
• 7 to 10 years of experience in a relevant role, for example working within the finance function of a financial institution, including an MFI, or corporate/ commercial organisation, or working within a recognised audit/ accountancy firm.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8 Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, why you are interested in a career with BIHBV, what motivates you about BRAC’s mission, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 07/23 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 23 February 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.