Finance Development Officer
Jobs at:Red Cross Society
Deadline of this Job:
18 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The finance development Officer under supervision of Regional Finance development delegate and in close collaboration with selected National Societies (NS), will develop, implement, and monitor FD project plan of actions.
• The purpose of the Finance Development Officer role is to ensure specialized and targeted, deliverable-based assistance to national societies (NS) to improve financial management capacities such that they may implement their humanitarian action and fulfil their humanitarian mandate. This shall be accomplished in close collaboration with the concerned National Society and movement partners under established agreements.
• Technical service delivery provided by the FD officer should ensure a significant impact is achieved in NSs becoming accountable, efficient, and effective. The assistance provided to NSs should be structured within international frameworks and standards e.g. (IFRS, IAS, COSO Framework on Internal Controls and the Framework on ERM).
• Improved financial management in select NSs’ which is grounded in a due diligence/needs assessment.
• Improved accountability, transparency & governance in select NSs’.
• Improve efficiency and effectiveness of Internal Controls.
• Increased efficiency, reliability and relevance of financial reporting and departmental structure
• In close collaboration with the concerned NS and Regional FD delegate, ensure;
• Improved accountability, transparency & governance in select NSs’
• Assist NS in financial statement preparation in accordance with IFRS as applicable.
• Coordinate external audits of NS in accordance with the International Auditing Standards (IAS)
• Coordinate and assist in Internal Audits in accordance with the Standards of Internal Audits (SIAs).
• Assist NS in addressing findings of internal and external auditors.
• Support in review and dissemination (trainings) of policies and procedures throughout NS including those on Fraud and Corruption & the Finance & Accounting manual.
• Assist in improving the role of governance in the provision of oversight related in particular to the financial management of the NS.
• Improve efficiency and effectiveness of NS finance dept
• Support in implementing an efficient Finance structure that meets NS operational, reporting and compliance goals. Ensuring job descriptions are aligned properly and updated regularly.
• Conducting specialized trainings for NS finance staff on accounting, treasury, budgeting and grants & compliance based on the needs.
• Design and co-facilitate workshops for NS Finance Dept staff on objective settings
• Improve efficiency and effectiveness of Internal Control processes
• Compile, map, and analyze processes within the Finance Department on an ‘As Is’ basis.
• Evaluate inherent and control risk on an as is basis while reviewing internal control coverages at a process level.
• Design new processes, internal controls while focusing on efficiencies and operation, reporting and compliance objectives. This includes preparing “should be” process maps.
• Using the COSO Framework on internal controls, evaluate the internal controls and provide recommendations on improving different components in the Finance Department.
• Supports the NSs in preparing or revising policies and procedures including Finance & Accounting manuals.
Increased efficiency, reliability and relevance of financial reporting
• Focus on assisting NSs’ in terms of improving financial reporting (internal and external) insofar that efficiency, effectiveness and relevance increases.
• Introduce capabilities in NS accounting software to ensure automated, customizable, transparent and reliable financial reports are produced
• In coordination with internal and external stakeholders, work on developing standardized NS financial reports
• Develop deliverable based project documents including concept notes, proposals, specific objectives, budgets, PoAs, LFAs, Project risk assessment, ITT sand monitoring plans (as per applicable Core Process).
• Provide oversight on implementation
• Fosters good relationship and works closely together with the host NS, PNSs, IFRC and ICRC.
• Work as a team within the region and globally, to assist NS’s in meeting their needs in FD.
• Liaises, as needed, with Colleagues in the Regional and Country office
• Works closely together and participates in technical networks (FD and NSD) with other colleagues within NorCross at global, regional and country level.
• Certified Public accountant, Chartered Accountant or ACCA (CPA, ACCA, ICAN)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of coaching, facilitating, managing and/or supporting staff in financial management and or audit field.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Big Four audit firm is desired
• Previous experience in humanitarian/aid organization preferably in a developing/conflict country/context is added advantage.
Skills & Knowledge
• Familiarity with the COSO Framework on Internal Controls, IAS, IFRS and SIAs.
• Proficient with Microsoft Visio and Excel
• Familiar with ERP’s and their respective deployments.
• Familiar with capacity building of implementing partners or organisation.
• Ability to take initiative and accept responsibility
• Coaching and mentoring
• Commitment to RCRC movement principles and values
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.