Finance Director, Pan African/ Country Programs
Jobs at:Mastercard Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to Executive Director, Finance & Accounting, the role will be responsible for providing Strategic Financial leadership to the Executive Director – Pan African Programs as well as Leading the Pan African Finance teams responsible for the Pan African programs portfolio with full accountability for the end to end Financial & accounting operations for the Foundation within Africa. The Finance Director, Pan African Programs will ensure that there Finance infrastructure, process & systems are in place to support the implementation of the strategic outcomes of the Pan African program portfolio. Their accountabilities will include providing financial leadership to ensure programs are adequately funded & Foundation financial resources are safeguarded by maintaining a sound control environment, acting as a steward on enterprise risk management & compliance to regulatory requirements within Canada & African Countries. As a member of the Senior Leadership team in the foundation, this role acts as a strategic partner by delivering on a mandate to build, lead and develop “best-in-class” Finance & Accounting team to support the evolving needs of the Foundation’s worldwide operations.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
• Program Strategy - Supports the Pan African Programs teams with Financial long-range plans, financial feasibility of strategies and implementation and technical finance contribution and support to the Executive Director.
• Provide executive leadership and strategic direction in support of achieving the overall strategic outcomes of the Foundation.
• Partner with members of the Senior Leadership Team, supporting the Foundation’s global operations team.
• Provide proactive and effective financial counsel and solutions for strategic decisions to the program’s teams in countries and the larger Finance function.
• Engage with partners, Banks, Governments etc to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Review existing controls, policies, and procedures to ensure effective internal controls are in place & risks effectively managed as pertains to programming.
• Perform Financial analysis and provide recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team to support business decisions.
• Oversee the management of the full finance cycle of programming, i.e. Expression of Interest (EOI), proposal, contract approval, conduct due diligence, budget reviews, program execution and monitoring, and program completion for all programs within the scope of the Pan African programs.
• Responsible for the Financial Planning, monitoring & reporting on program financial performance & providing financial insights to drive long term strategic decision making within the Pan African programs portfolio
• Development of rolling forecasts that drive long term strategic planning within the portfolio and ensure effective allocation of financial resources (Envelop) to deliver the strategic outcomes of the Pan African program portfolio
• Provide hands-on, metrics-driven financial leadership to help with the ambition of driving Impact at Scale within the foundation
• Manage and provide inspiring leadership, develop a team of talented individuals, enabling them to achieve being a high performing team.
WHO YOU ARE
• Degree or master’s degree in BA or related field is required.
• Relevant Professional qualification; CPA, CA or Member of a relevant professional body.
• Bi-lingual (French, English) is an added advantage.
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years overall experience and out of which at least five (5) years should be at Senior Leadership level (Director Level).
• Experience in progressive financial leadership, including 10 years in a management capacity within a large organization with multinational operations, including developing countries. Experience in Financing, Investment or Technology organizations would be an added advantage.
• Experience within a complex, matrix organization with decentralized operations.
• Strong overall knowledge of accounting, treasury, risk management, audit, taxation, financial reporting, and controllership.
• Strong understanding of information systems, ideally with a track record of developing and implementing financial systems within a complex high-growth environment.
• Experience and proven track record of elevating the overall competence of a F&A function through improved processes, finance tools, development, and overall accountability.
• Ability to operate at both the Tactical and highly strategic levels and deliver results – “Start up” mindset.
• Excellent technical and analytical skills and business acumen Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures
• Willingness to make decisions and consistently exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
• Initiative, drive & Critical thinking skills
• Ability to deliver time-pressured project on-time and on-quality and Strong Stakeholder relationship building.
• Flexible, creative thinking & approaches to problem solving.
• Ability to identify key operational performance drivers, forecasting, and flexibility to support business partners with a broad array of issues.
• Ability to influence and achieve successful outcomes
• Ability to challenge and provide feedback in a constructive manner with the goal of improving efficiency and operational excellence.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 168
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.