Jobs at:Shining Hope For Communities
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Director is a full-time position for an upcoming award from Mastercard Foundation. The Finance Director will oversee financial operations and tasks, including management of grants and sub-grants, in addition to accounting, reporting, and compliance to all donor rules, and regulations, and will supervise the accounting team to coordinate reporting activities.
The Finance Director will be based in our Kibera office and be responsible to the Chief Finance Officer with a dotted line to the Project Director. The finance manager will be responsible for training and mentoring staff on financial policies and procedures, donor regulations, financial systems, and works closely with program staff to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and effective and proactive financial management.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Directly oversee all financial and accounting activities related to the project.
• Develop, implement, and maintain sound financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures for project across all implementation sites and ensuring alignment with donor rules and regulations.
• Provides overall management of financial management, grants management, reporting and compliance for the assigned project.
• Oversees sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including grants, subcontracts, reporting, and compliance.
• Support the project director to maintain effective working relationships with donors and key government officials related to finance and operations.
• Support the annual work plan process and other strategic planning processes.
• Coordinate budgeting processes for program activities and conduct continual analysis and planning of operating, staff, and external project expenditures.
• Supervises financial operations and monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
• Prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports to donors.
• Develops internal control measures to ensure accurate and timely management and financial reporting for the project.
• Support and facilitate internal and external financial audits.
• Provide financial management and analysis for all aspects of the project and programs, ensuring all costs incurred are accounted for and in compliance with local laws, donor regulations and SHOFCO policies and procedures.
• Training and capacity building project staff on donor rules and compliance requirements.
• Manage cash flow forecasts and monitor liquidity, including decisions on foreign currency transactions.
• Follow up and implement on a timely basis internal, government and/or donor audit recommendations.
• Serve in the procurement and tender committees and other committees as assigned.
• Maintain updated information regarding grants and contracts, reporting requirements and any financial restrictions.
• Assist in program development and proposal preparation as needed by preparing and reviewing budget and budget notes for programs as required.
• Responsible for preparation and circulation of management reports, budgetary control reports, and grants reports.
• Supervise and oversee finance staff and other consultants assigned to areas of responsibility.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or higher in accounting, finance, business management or a related field is required.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA, or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ senior-level experience managing finance, administration, grants management, and operations activities for complex and large-scale donor funded programs.
• In-depth knowledge of donor’s financial management rules and regulations, and reporting requirements
• Demonstrated experience with supervision and oversight of sub grants and subcontracts
• Demonstrated experience in management, supervision, and coordination of a team of finance staff and collaboration with other professionals
• Advanced skills in budgeting and financial reporting for donor funded projects.
• Superior attention to detail: organizational skills, planning skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills, and critical thinking.
• Experience with ERP (e.g. SAP, Microsoft Dynamics 365)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.