Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 28 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and compliance requirements and the month end financial reporting for the Kenya operating company.
• As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our local teams, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the business’s objectives.
Accounting and Financial Reporting
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions such as: BS and P&L accounting (Cash, Intercompany, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accruals, Revenue, Payroll, Opex), month end close process and reporting, general accounting and tax filings and all related statutory obligation.
• Oversee operations of the Kenya finance function, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
• Manage the trial balance, controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
• Provide financial results and analysis to senior management and guide the in-country leadership on all financial decisions
• Manage relationship with the outsourced accounting vendor
Governance, Controls and Compliance
• In liaison with the Regional Financial Controller and team members, develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Drive, manage and embed operational excellence and a continuous improvement culture within the team to deliver improvements to financial policies, processes and systems.
• Act as a guardian of internal control procedures, including separation of duties, access controls, physical audits, documentation, trial balances, reconciliations and approval authority.
Business Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
• Develop trends and KPI’s for CSquared Kenya's projections in liaison with the Group FP&A Team
• Working with the country team to prepare annual budgets and forecasts
• Lead the process for proactive budget management and reporting at country level.
• CAPEX management - ensure CAPEX is monitored, adequately recorded and reported. Oversee annual asset management processes such as verification.
• Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities, buy or lease options.
• Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate closure of the statutory audit process
• Liaise with labor and other government organizations
• Managing compliance with all the statutory obligations as well as taxation for the company, in accordance with Kenya tax laws.
• Oversee annual transfer pricing documentation per country specific transfer pricing requirements.
• Management of Tax Audits by the Revenue Authority.
• (5) Business Partnering and Leadership
• Leadership and stakeholder engagement - Participate in all country key meetings, manage routines such as balance sheet reviews and reconciliations (monthly, quarterly), action on reconciling items.
• Manage relationships with third-party entities such as banks, accounting firms and auditors in matters related to the accounting, local external reporting, and tax, being responsible for accurate and timely completion of local statutory audits, tax and other statutory filings. Proactively identify issues and keep manager informed in a timely manner.
• BA/ BS degree or equivalent
• CA/ CPA or equivalent
• At least 7 years of relevant work experience in finance/accounting.
• Prior experience working in a multinational firm managing an accountancy/ finance function with some experience in audit is preferred
• Solid understanding of IFRS regulatory framework
• Strong project management, process improvement, computer and analytical skills.
• Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
• Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.