Finance Manager -Contracts and Grants
Jobs at:African Management Initiative (AMI)
Deadline of this Job:
07 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AMI is now looking for a Finance Manager – Contracts and Grants to be based in Nairobi to manage customer contracts and grants. This requires a commercial accountant to work as part of multi-disciplined team in a fast-paced environment.
The Finance Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer with a dotted line to the Senior Partnerships Manager and will work in a team of Partnerships Managers/Leads and Associates, and with the learning and business development teams, to support clients across Africa. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results.
Accounting Function and Internal Controls
Supporting the Proposals Teams.
• Assist the Proposals Team in preparing budgets and costings for client proposals
• Ensure that target margins are achievable from proposals submitted
• Ensure that tax implications are considered when pricing proposals
Managing Contracts and Grants
• Ensure that proposal and projects are properly set up in NetSuite
• Ensure that costs are properly coded to projects and that time writing, purchase orders, staff expenses etc properly approved by project budget holders.
• Monitor costs against project budget and highlight any adverse trends and variances so that action can be taken.
• Manage and monitor income recognition
• Ensure that project billings are raised accurately and on time and with adequate supporting documentation
• Prepare grant/contract financial reports within timescales required and work with the programme manager to ensure that variances are understood and can be explained to the client.
• Review projects and grant reports with CFO
• Attend and/or initiate contract reviews with Proposals/Implementation Team to ensure that contract financial conditions are understood and acceptable
• Ensure that contract conditions are complied with (e.g. re-collecting, collating and providing supporting documentation to the client, maintaining required insurance levels , ensuring contract documents are signed, tax laws are complied with etc)
• Understand and ensure that group accounting procedures, internal controls and pricing/costing guidelines are followed and implemented.
• Ensure that AMI staff and budget holders spend in line with Project budgets
• Assist the Senior Partnerships Manager and CFO , as required
Skills & attributes
• Project Management | Develops/follows project plans, coordinates projects, completes projects on time.
• Attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
• Problem solving and deliver to tight deadlines.
• Communication | Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent oral, written and visual communication
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Initiative and execution of tasks | MUST be able to work independently, take initiative to solve problems and proactively address issues and follow tasks through to completion
• Personal | Motivated, self-starter, independent worker.
Education and Experience
• Qualified accountant with recognized professional body
• At least 3 years’ experience of grant and/or contract financial management
• Well-organized and able to work to tight deadlines
• Good communicator at all levels and to non-financial staff too
• Experienced in use of ERP system or recognized accounting software. NetSuite preferred
• Good Excel skills
• Good report writing skills
• Able to thrive in a fast and commercial environment
• Flexible, helpful and versatile team player
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.