Finance Manager SEMA
Jobs at:Amref Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Commercial Manager will report directly to the SEMA Head of Operations and drive all financial and commercial management activities for SEMA to advance its mission. The portfolio will include activities to support the financial processes and budget management of SEMA ensuring that the initiative’s implementation adheres to the agreed commercial management framework principles agreed with SEMA’s donors and in line with AMREF’s compliance framework.
• Ensure effective project financial management and reporting systems are in place to manage compliant and efficient project spending against budget.
• Collect, prepare and analyze required reports in a timely manner in order to meet internal and external deadlines for submission in order to receive payments from SEMA donors.
• Coordinate with the Executive Director and Head of Operations on the oversight of all project financial processes and transactions, including the disbursements of funds and verification and approval of financial reports from partners & suppliers.
• Lead the adherence to key financial controls for SEMA, including budgeting, management reporting and forecasting, procurement policy, travel policy, bank reconciliations, and treasury management, to ensure fully compliant end to end financial management.
• Review programmatic documents and other relevant documents to ensure budget feasibility, compliance with forward-funding guidelines, appropriate methods of financing/payment, and adequacy of financial reporting.
• Review sub-budgets and reports prepared by SEMA heads of department and country leads, giving support and capacity building to teams to build expertise and capability.
• Ensure financial oversight responsibility for SEMA financial transactions:
• Process and maintain transactions on Amref ERP
• Maintain regular reconciliations of bank and other balance sheet accounts
• Monitor foreign exchange fluctuations and track exchange gains and losses
• Ensure payments are made in good time to suppliers, partners for invoice payments, etc
• Ensure adequate documentation supports transactions.
• Produce reports as required for donors, internal management and other key stakeholders
• Ensure all financial project documentation is managed, filed, and available on Amref’s ERP and SEMA shared drive workspace
• Oversee and ensure adherence to key financial controls for SEMA including budgeting, management reporting, forecasting, procurement processes, treasury management, etc.
• Ensure all costs incurred by SEMA are coded correctly and in a timely manner into Amref’s ERP
• Ensure all payments via the Amref finance department are paid within the agreed upon internal timelines
• Support banking requirements for SEMA including ensuring compliant per diem payments, compliant payments to suppliers, and other requirements as necessary
• Working with colleagues in Amref to prepare SEMA inter-company payments and reports in Amref ERP in order to ensure correct and timely payments.
• Oversee SEMA’s financial audits and reviews (both external or internal audits) from time to time
• All other duties as identified and agreed to fulfil SEMA support costs and transactions
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, business, or a closely related field
• A certified Accountant or Finance professional (e.g CPA, ACCA, etc)
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience designing, implementing, and managing highly effective financial and commercial management processes, preferably in the field of sexual and reproductive health, global health, and/or global development.
• Experience supporting financial and commercial management for comparable programs or organizations working with diverse stakeholders (governments, funders, implementation organizations)
• Robust & evidenced knowledge of performance, financial, and budgeting performance processes
• Excellent use of Excel for business analysis
• Proactive and able to think strategically, set priorities and manage concurrent projects, handle pressure, manage time effectively, exercise independent judgment, and assume responsibility for seeing projects through to timely and successful completion
• Up to date on industry trends in commercial and financial management able to stay ahead of the latest developments in the industry.
• Deep personal commitment to sexual & reproductive health & rights, including the right to safe abortion for all who need it
• Self-motivated; willing to work independently and as part of a team
• Great communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural work environment and committed to promoting an inclusive culture where everyone is valued and belongs
• Eagerness to contribute positively and collaborate effectively in a team working in a start-up environment (i.e., enjoy creating, can be flexible, embrace ambiguity)
• Entrepreneurial and creative
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.