Jobs at:ABC EXPAT
Deadline of this Job:
22 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Manager will be reporting to the Managing Director and will be part of the larger management team. The Finance Manager will improve our internal the financial procedures, ensure compliance with local administrations and support the company’s growth through error free accounting reports. He/she will play a key role in implementing strategic management policies and defining financial and accounting policy for the company. This role will primarily focus on the financial management of the Kenyan and Uganda offices.
1. Providing leadership, direction, and management of the finance team, proposing and implementing improvements in processes to increase efficiency.
2. Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results
3. Implement strong internal control systems in the finance department.
4. Review and recommend optimization of accounting systems and procedures
5. Produce monthly feedback on resources allocation and cost effectiveness
6. Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
7. Preparation of documents required in end of fiscal year audit
8. Take a lead in ensuring the annual internal and external audits are conducted smoothly.
9. Ensure all audit recommendations are implemented in subsequent months.
10. Maintain strict compliance with KRA/URA through ensuring strict adherence to all taxation laws
11. Act as the key point of contact with all our banks and perform all bank agent related roles
12. Ensure all bills and statutory deductions for ABC EXPAT and clients are paid on time.
13. Track all cash, cheque and online transactions and perform cash and back reconciliations
14. Ensure transactions are properly recorded on QuickBooks.
15. Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual financial reports that will help inform management’s decision making
16. Oversee office petty cash management, held by the finance officer and take joint responsibility of safe cash.
17. Manage annual budget preparation process, supervise expenditure and approve any variances on a monthly basis
18. Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for all administrative and project related expenditure to aid in planning
19. Supervise finance staff on tax audits and tax returns
20. Verify accounts payable and receivable
21. Take lead in month-end and year-end close process
22. Comprehensively analyse overdue invoices and collect debt from clients
23. Negotiating payoff deadlines and repayment plans with clients
24. Provide finance and accounting services for ABC EXPAT Uganda office and assigned clients
25. Any other mission requested by the Managing Director/CEO.
1. Maters in accounting, Finance or equivalent
2. Relevant certification (e.g. CMA/CPA(K)/ICPAK Membership )
3. A minimum of 7 years of experience overseeing operations in a busy finance department in international companies
4. Have experience of preparing consolidated financial statements and monthly financial reporting
5. Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and financial regulations in Kenya
6. In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
7. Familiarity with financial accounting standards
8. Experience with iTax system and the month-end/year-end close process
9. Hands-on experience with accounting software package, like QUICKBOOKS
10. Computer use competency (Office 365,Microsoft Teams, CRM, Perfex, etc.)
11. Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOK, pivot tables and PowerBI
12. Accuracy and strong attention to detail
13. Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
14. Adept problem solver and details-oriented decision maker
15. Exceptional communication & presentation skills
16. Detailed oriented, focused & methodical
17. Proven transformative leadership skills
18. Working knowledge of expatriation market dynamics and requirements
19. Self-motivated and results driven
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.