Jobs at:Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
01 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Finance Manager will provide the overall leadership and management of the finance function . S/He will be responsible for managing the Sacco’s financial resources and promoting prudent and just stewardship of the Sacco’s financial resources, by implementing strong systems and policies of internal control that will lead to the production and application of accurate financial data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but shall not be limited to:
• Responsible for the smooth running of the Sacco finance department.
• Manage the finances of the Sacco in a prudent manner.
• Formulate a strategic financial plan encompassing directing and controlling processes to enhance the overall business growth.
• A good team player and provide team leadership within the department through professional staff performance management.
• Ensuring that there are effective and prudent financial controls and risk management procedures in place to provide a sustainable assurance and improvement of the organization’s assets, and properly account for all Sacco assets and liabilities and safeguarding the same.
• Oversee and make sure that all accounting functions are thoroughly concluded to presentation for auditing and responding to correspondents thereon.
• Strongly maximize income while reducing expenses.
• To administer and review the Society’s Accounting Standards and Procedures.
• Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory, legal, social, and regulatory requirements in the execution of Society business.
• Benchmarking market trends in the financial sector and giving monthly reports.
• Ensure timely and up-to-date reconciliations.
• Manage and liaise with the relevant departments to ensure proper financial reports are done.
• Oversee and advise on prudent financial management and investment undertaking by adopting sound financial policies for optimum utilization and returns.
• Prepare and implement the finance department’s annual work plan.
• Ensure relevant and prompt preparation of monthly reports and submission to the Relevant Committee.
• Ensure that procurement processes and procedures are in line with the Sacco’s policy, practice, and governing laws.
• Establish and maintain a framework for processing requests in accordance with the established procurement policy and manual.
• Chair Tender Evaluation Committee, Disposal Committee, and Procurement Committee.
Minimum Qualification & Attributes
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or any other business-related degree course.
• Must be a CPA (K) holder.
• Must be registered with ICPAK.
• 7 years of experience 5 of which must be in a supervisory role in the cooperative sector.
• Good analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• A high degree of integrity.
• Track record of good management and development skills.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.