Jobs at:Gelian Hotel Machakos
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Summary of Position:
Ensure hotel maximises revenues and generate returns on investment as per the standards
Reduce cost, ensure budget plans are adheres to and that asset management and reserve funds are in place
Ensure risk management policy is in place and that all statutory obligations are adhered to
Areas of Responsibilities
• Revenue maximization
• All local purchases
• Performance Appraisal
• Smooth and organized running of finance department according to the Standards set by the management.
• Leads by personal example by following Company’s Mission / Vision & Guiding Principles.
• Complies with the Company’s Code of Conduct
• Reconciliation of sales in all revenue outlets on a daily basis
• To maintain a filling system of all revenue backup for audit.
• Obtain figures and back up on all goods and services given in the hotel at either a discounted rate, complimentary rate or on company accounts for reporting to the chief finance officer
• Maintain a cashbook on daily basis recording and detailing all cash purchases and receipts made during the day and ensure same day banking
• Spot-check on regular basis the accuracy of all inventories taken by the storekeeper. This includes not only food and beverage store but also equipment, consumables and items in circulation
• Processing payment of suppliers and utility bills
• Maintain a log of these spot-checks detailing not only what was checked but also the reconciliation of any differences found between the stock control system items on hand and actual items on hand
• Ensure that all requisitions are input in the stock control system by the hotel cost controller. A further check is to be made on the accuracy of the input in terms of items ordered and numeric quantity
• Act as manager on duty for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
• Perform other hotel-related duties as required
• Creates a positive and highly motivated working environment that promotes and develops teamwork.
• Utilizes and develops communication tools and channels for the dissemination of information and workflow in all sections
• Builds teamwork and enhance the team’s commitment to their work and the hotel.
• Communicates effectively within the organization at all levels using the most appropriate communication method for the matter concerned.
• Bachelor degree in commerce/ accounting from an accredited University
• CPAK graduate
• Member of Professional body.
• Knowledge of hotel accounting systems such as sun, micros Fidelio, opera
• 3years experience in medium /large busy reputable hotel.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.