Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
What You’ll Do
• Provide Finance oversight for the Kenya office, including:
• Budgeting and budget tracking
• risk tracking
• regulatory compliance and
• donor reporting.
• Implement payment and procurement protocols, including ensuring proper documentation and adherence to controls
• Implement asset management protocols including asset verifications and reconciliations
• Process payroll
• Manage liquidity in country
• Document transactions in accordance with GD's global bookkeeping standards in GD's accounting software
• Prepare and present budget to actual reports
• Perform Country monthly and periodic close tasks as assigned with time
Risk / Compliance
• Understand, advise and implement compliance requirements from tax regulators and donors
• Manage in-country audits and special reporting to donors and regulatory bodies
What You’ll Bring
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of professional experience in accounting or finance
• Professional qualification (CPA/ ACCA level)
• Working language competence in English
• Competence in Excel and financial & accounting software (e.g. Intacct, QuickBooks).
• Bonus: Proven experience working in a fast-paced, start-up, or matrix work environment.
• Alignment with GiveDirectly Values and active demonstration of our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates who have personal or professional experience in the low-income and/or historically marginalized communities that we serve.
• GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
• Interested and qualified? Go to GiveDirectly on givedirectly.hire.trakstar.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.