Jobs at:ICEA Lion Group
Deadline of this Job:
22 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Manage the Company’s technical financial & accounting matters.
• Oversee the monitoring and implementation of key financial controls across the Finance value chain.
• Support the CFO in capital management and strategy execution.
• Constantly review and ensure compliance with the approved investment mix.
• Regularly monitor and review investment performance reports from various service providers such as fund and property managers.
• Monitor and report on Company budgetary discipline for efficiency.
• Participate in development of financial performance measures that support the Company’s strategic direction.
• Conduct meaningful proactive financial analysis to inform and support key business decisions.
• Regularly review the accounting and financial systems to enhance efficiency.
• Establish and monitor internal control processes required to manage and grow the business.
• Proactively work with the internal audit team to identify and implement financial control improvements.
• Ensure key account reconciliations are conducted regularly and outstanding items promptly resolved. • Ensure timely and accurate preparation and review of periodic and ad hoc management reports.
• Work with the external auditors to ensure timely closure of statutory audits
• Active monitoring of changes in tax legislation and ensure compliance including timely remittance of all applicable taxes.
• Bachelor of Commerce Accounting degree from a recognized university.
• CPA (K) or ACCA professional qualification. (A CFA credential will be an added advantage)
• Member of ICPAK or a recognized Accounting body and in good standing.
• Accounting, Audit and (or) Actuarial background and experience
• A minimum of ten (10) years of post-qualification experience with at least three to five (3-5) years in a management position within a Life insurance company or in the audit of a Life insurance company.
• Strong communication and presentation skills including proven ability and experience in developing proposals, concept papers as well as writing business reports.
• Good working knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards – IFRSs relating to Long Term Insurance contracts and reporting.
• Attention to detail, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Experience in implementation of new systems and building strong internal control environments.
• Hands-on orientation with a focus on timely execution of tasks to the highest quality without supervision.
• Understanding and working experience of Kenyan tax regulations.
• Understanding of local financial industry regulations.
• Great interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead a team, influence others to accomplish collective goals and relate well with both internal and external customers.
• Good technology skills and hands-on experience with computerized accounting applications.
• Experience in change management and the ability to positively lead change.
• Working experience in financial modelling, budgeting and planning
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.