Jobs at:Safal Group
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, September 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Performance Areas:
• Responsible for overall management of the Finance Team.
• Manage monthly reporting with detailed analysis of sales and profit along with comparison with prior Rolling Estimate, Annual Business Plan and Previous Year.
• Manage the company’s working capital in Debtors and Inventories in accordance with the Cash Flows
• Plan and present Capital expenditure proposals in line with the Group policy and Cash Flows
• Ensure compliance of all applicable statutory and legal requirements; payment of PAYE/WHT & filing of PAYE / WHT returns - monthly / Quarterly / Annual; timely filing of the company's annual tax returns.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, this includes planning and managing internal/statutory/ external audits.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep the leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Liaise with and provide support to HODs regarding departmental budgets, expenditures and financial reporting, this includes monitoring the budget implementation and advice on reallocation of funds when necessary.
• Ensure that all company assets records are well maintained in accordance with the accounting standards.
• Monitor depreciation of company assets to ensure that the provisions are made in accordance with the accounting standards.
• Plan, direct, and co-ordinate risk and insurance programs of establishments to control risks and losses.
• Analyze, classify risks and determine their potential impact on the company. Prepare operational and risk reports for management analysis.
• Direct insurance negotiations and ensure that internal processes are adhered to ensure our claims are honored should there be any in the year.
• Prepare Board Meeting reports and the circulation of the same to all the Board Members one week prior to the meeting.
• Update and implement all necessary finance policies and accounting practices from time to time in consultation with other senior finance officers.
• Set up and continuously evaluate internal control systems in line with changing demands, and ensure they are appropriately designed to serve the best interest of the company.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
Minimum academic qualification: a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Finance/Accounting option. Master’s Degree in Finance is added advantage
CPA (K), CFA, ACCA, CA
Professional registration with an accounting Association
• General work experience (years): 15 years
• Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 10 years
• Industry experience: Preferably Manufacturing
• Knowledge and use of SAP will be an added advantage
Key competencies and skills:
• An analytical mind
• Decision making skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally
• Leadership skills
• Mentoring Skills
• Problem solving skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 192
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.