Finance Manager/Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Jobs at:Chuka University Sacco
Deadline of this Job:
30 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the planning, organizing and control of the accounting function in the Sacco.
• Ensure that monthly trial balance is presented to the board meetings on monthly basis and advice the board on financial status of the society.
• Prepare economic report on quarterly basis and submit to the C.E.O office.
• Ensure that the Sacco operation are conducted as per the laid down policies in order to meet the expected result.
• Ensure that the regulatory reports are properly compiled and sent as per the regulatory requirements e.g. SASRA, KRA, NSSF, NHIF etc.
• Responsible for maintenance of an appropriate and accurate overall accounting system in Sacco operations.
• Preparation of the financial statements as per the International Financial Reporting Standards and Sacco Societies Act
• Submit to the C.E.O office monthly cash flow statement and other operational reports
• Prepare budgets and cash flow projections with consultation with C.E.O.
• Ensure transparency, accountability and effective use of financial resources and assets.
• Assist in development and implementation of Sacco policies, rules, and procedures in liaison with the CEO and board.
• Act as the CEO in his/her absence.
• Appraises and ensures that the other senior managers are working according to laid down procedures.
• Payroll Management and Cheque custodian
• Monitoring and replenishing cash from the bank
• Liaise with the external auditors
• Perform any other duties assigned.
• Recommend investment of surplus members’ funds in consultation with the CEO
• Prepares liquidity assessment for the Society in liaison with FOSA Manager
• Market and cross-sell the Sacco products and services
The holder of the Deputy CEO/Finance Manager’s position must;
• Be of exemplary integrity and honest
• Have excellent financial analysis skills
• Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills
• Possess excellent business writing skills
• Possess leadership and supervisory skills
• Possess analytical and critical thinking skills
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be able to motivate and mentor a team
• Be a team player
• Be proactive and possess initiative
• CPA(K)/ACCA (Mandatory)
• Bachelor of Commerce or related business degree
• Be a member of ICPAK
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or management capacity
• Computer proficiency in computer application, especially in accounting packages and systems
• Having been involved in audit service /analysis of financial statements is an added advantage
• Knowledge of various Sacco software systems an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements are invited to send their detailed CV including 3 referees to email@example.com by 30th January, 2020 at 4.00PM use the job title as the email subject. You are also required to fill and submit the attached form (here!). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.